job description - Training Co Ordinator
The HR Training Coordinator reports directly to the People & Talent Development Manager. The purpose of this role is to provide learning information to internal and external stakeholders, as well as a variety of administrative services to the Learning team. Coordinate and administer all Learning & Development activities relating to employees.
Manage SETA legislation reporting requirements:
- Ensure that all SETA & legislative reporting requirements are met both in terms of content and deadlines.
- Submit accurate Workplace Skills Plans and Annual Training Reports to relevant SETA
- Ensure Skills Levies are recouped in line with the Skills Development Levies Act
- Implement and monitor all recoverable grants and service fees in association with the Learnership program and ensure maximum recoverable grants are achieved as per the service level agreement with the relevant SETA’s.
Learnership project management
- Coordinate the Learnership project, partnering with business and the Talent Manager to ensure successful implementation of the program.
- Monitor and quarterly review progress of learners as per the Learnership programme ensuring that all milestones are met within the allocated timeframe.
- Ensure that the Training Providers understand the scope of work and timeous delivery to ensure effective execution of the Learnership programme
- Conduct regular feedback sessions with the service provider and proactively agree on mechanisms to ensure that the learners gain the skills and experience to successfully complete the NQF qualification
- Liaise with the various Business Units to plan any additional training required.
- Ensure integrated practices, processes and programs, whilst ensuring compliance to all legislative requirements
- Communicate with Payroll regarding any changes to salary payments in line with progress made by learners and the agreed reward programme and payment plan.
Reporting & analysis
- Track and report on SETA related funding on a monthly basis
- Monitor training spend and report on Skills development aspects for B-BBEE & EE reporting
- Ensure that all data presented for tracking, reporting and analysis purposes are accurate so that we can utilize the information gained to make effective talent development decisions
- Ensure that all daily, weekly, monthly reports are maintained and updated on a regular basis
- Regularly report to the People & Talent Development Manager on progress of the Learnership program
- Central point of contact for employee internal and external training
- Obtain feedback from employees following training intervention
- Manage the relationship between SETA’s, Sanofi and any other training providers
- Manage any SETA led initiatives as approved by the business including Learnerships, workplace skills opportunities and pivotal programmes
- Communicate effectively with all internal and external stakeholders
- Communicating SETA initiatives, grants and benefits to the employer.
Qualifications & Accreditations
- Business related degree
- SDF Accreditation
- OD-ETDP (Occupationally Directed Education Training Development Practice) level 5 certification.
Experience & Skills
- Competent in Skills Development strategies (e.g., learnerships, skills programmes, ETQA, skills levies and SETA functions)
- Extensive knowledge of SETA’s and legislative bodies
- A thorough understanding of the roles, involvement & operations framework, South African Qualifications Authority, Skills Development Act
- In depth knowledge of the skills development framework and associated legislation (e.g., SDA, SDLA, Employment Equity Act (Codes of Good Practice related to EE and B-BBEE), Labour Relations Act and SAQA Act.
- Excellent understanding and implementation of talent acquisition policies, procedures and best practices
- Competent in MS Office packages
- Experience building slide decks will be an advantage.
- Agile project management knowledge will be an advantage.
Attributes & Behaviors
- Professional, energetic, dynamic and positive team player with great business acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills and great relationship building ability
- Clear communicator with the ability to communicate and influence at all levels – both verbal and written
- Strong problem-solving skills with effective decision- making
- Analytical & detail focused – driven to achieve new standards of excellence
- Structured approach with excellent attention to detail
- Take ownership, be accountable and reliable
- A high degree of integrity and transparency
- Excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to work well under pressure – independently as well as within a team.
- Self-motivated, targeted result and deadline driven.
Sanofi is a global life sciences company committed to improving access to healthcare and supporting the people we serve throughout the continuum of care.