job description - Technical Dispatch Operator
- Our client requires technical dispatch operator to work within a fault management environment, providing a task and coordination management service.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A Dispatch Operator is responsible for the following:
- Managing Task and Network Management Elements.
- Attending to emails and telephone calls, reporting of escalations and assign tasks to operational teams performing first line maintenance/remote fixing of faults related to the client services environment.
- Identify high level (Service Impacting) task/elements, coordinate and manage until resolved.
- Manage, track & update open tasks/incidents in-hand with operational teams until resolution & closure. [Including faults in-hand external and/or 3rd Party vendors]
- Minimize & resolve client escalations as well as escalations highlighted by the team (Junior and other Senior Technical personnel).
- Report and or escalate any anomalies to standard operations process
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
The operations must review the following:
- Build relationships - Work collaboratively with others, inside and outside Supplier, and at multiple levels within the organization. Meet commitments and build trust. Develop positive working relationships.
- Maintain Infrastructure Availability - Identify and resolve malfunctions that are negatively impacting services.
- Learn Troubleshooting - Initiate troubleshooting sessions that involve cross functional teams.
- Contribute to knowledge base - Document new knowledge gained from experience to the central database for use by teams
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Matric/NQF Level 4 (Essential)
- Diploma or certification in any of the following disciplines: Information Technology/ Computer Science / Information Systems (Advantageous)
- Knowledge of incident management
- Knowledge of task Management
- Basic understanding of Networks fundamentals
- Experience working with call handling helpdesk environment
- Experience working with Remedy fault management system
- ITIL Foundation certification (Advantageous)
- IT knowledge (A+/N+/Windows Server Certification) and experience (Advantageous)
LEADERSHIP COMPETENCY REQUIREMENT
- The ability to work in a team and to be proactive around self-learning
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Willingness to assist with additional tasks given to the team
- Interpersonal skills
- Good judgment skills
- Good communication skills
- Behavioural Traits such as attitude, motivation, and time management
Nexio is a payments growth company that empowers businesses to reach ambitious goals. In a complex and ever-changing commerce world, our technology helps sellers and platforms solve payments problem.