job description - Stakeholder Engagement And Market Analyst
Role: We are looking for a part-time Stakeholder Engagement and Market Analyst to support the ECD Connect team. Our goal is to improve practice and expand access to quality ECD services, and need your help positioning the platform appropriately to foster lasting partnerships that ensure scalability and sustainability
The context: ECD Connect is a user-centric digital platform that supports practitioners and organisations to scale and deliver professional, high-quality services to young children and caregivers in their communities. The first phase of the initiative includes education and healthcare services. The ultimate goal is to make this platform available to the sector in order to help scale quality early childhood development and broaden future choices for children in South Africa, and potentially further afield.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, communications, public administration, public relations, marketing or related fields
- Proven experience in market analysis or research, ideally in sectors related to early childhood development, education, or healthcare.
- Senior-level experience in stakeholder engagement or public relations, particularly in building partnerships with private, non-profit, and governmental bodies.
- Familiarity with digital platforms or apps, understanding how they serve users, and how to promote them to different audience segments.
- Demonstrated history of market research or other comparable user research work.
- Ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively
Additional qualifications or experience that will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to interpret market data, trends, and insights.
- Collaborative mindset, with a knack for building and nurturing relationships.
- Cultural sensitivity and an understanding of the nuances related to early childhood development in South Africa.
- Conduct an assessment of contemporary service offerings to pinpoint the unique selling proposition (USP) of the ECD Connect platform.
- Execute comprehensive market research to determine target audience segments for our app focusing on early learning and healthcare.
- Develop an achievable strategy for engaging with and onboarding users to the platform.
- Carry out a holistic stakeholder analysis to unearth strategic partnership opportunities across private, nonprofit, and government sectors.
- With the product owner, develop and implement strategies for effective stakeholder engagement to ensure scalability and sustainability.
DGMT is a public innovator committed to developing South Africa’s potential through strategic investment. Our goal for South Africa is a flourishing people, economy, and society.