job description - Specialist: Billing Integrity
- Take accountability to lead, organise, plan and control multiple projects in a manner that will ensure the successful completion of specific, large and high-risk projects.
- To facilitate all scrum activities in an agile environment, to enable project teams to complete assigned tasks within set time, and to deliver quality solutions.
- Has the accountability to ensure that project goals and objectives are achieved within the overall scope and that project deliverables are within the agreed time frame, cost and as per defined and expected quality.
- To ensure that user requirements for the business are understood, documented, developed, tested and delivered on in line with user expectations.
Your responsibilities will include
- Project Management and Scrum Lead activities
- Facilitate all scrum ceremonies i.e., stand-ups, product demos, sprint planning, backlog grooming and retrospective sessions
- Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value
- Monitoring and Control
- Track and ensure that project milestones and deliverables are met
- Manage project issues and risks
- Manage scope and change control
- Manage resource capacity
- Manage project dependencies and critical paths
- Pre-empt slippages and issues, and action mitigation plans to avert these
- Facilitate the decision-making process with stakeholders and document accordingly
- Offer specialist input and knowledge where necessary
- Manage communication, monitoring, reporting and control activities throughout the project lifecycle to all levels of stakeholders
- Produce and maintain the documents and status reports to support the above activities (Stand-up minutes, tracking and monitoring action items etc.)
- Team Management
- Assist the team while holding team members accountable for their commitments
- Coordinate and conduct activities with the team
- Communicating between team members about requirements and planning
- Lead and manage the team resources (resolving conflict, building a team identity, providing direction and clarity for their direct deliverables and activities)
- Effectively communicate plans, timelines, expectations, and goals
- Guide, motivate and empower project team members in agile best practices
- Build, develop and grow business relationships with key product owners and operational teams to ensure the success of the delivery team
- Support the team in resolution of issues
- Using Agile methods and practices to ensure effective workflow through the team.
- Helping the team understand the need for clear and concise product backlog items
- Provide support to the Senior Specialists
- Product Owner Support
- Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Formulating techniques for effective Product Backlog Management
- Support the product owner to manage the product backlog and priorities
- Ensuring that the product owner has clarity on arranging the product backlog to yield maximized value
- Facilitating Scrum events as requested or needed
- Subscriber Billing
- Performing daily, weekly and monthly Billing reconciliations to ensure that subscribers profile and billing profiles are aligned
- To monitor and correct data incongruences that directly impact subscriber billing
- To ensure Billing integrity and ensure customers Billing requirements as it relates to the reconciliations are fulfilled and implemented.
- Perform ad hoc Billing investigations when required
- To perform business analysis and design activities by assessing requirements in terms of feasibility, impact and cost, thereby assisting to create and compile accurate user requirement documents when required.
- To act as a technical liaison between business and the technical teams to ensure the required support from all areas when required.
The ideal candidate for this role will have
Technical / Professional Qualifications:
- A 3-year tertiary qualification – National Diploma / Bachelors degree with a minimum NQF Level 6, majoring in IT Systems/Data Analysis/Finance/Business (essential).
- Agile certification essential
- Scrum certification essential
- 3 – 5 years of relevant Project Management experience
Core competencies, knowledge, and experience:
- Experience working with agile methodologies,
- Experience in a Scrum lead role essential
- Kanban methodology advantageous
- JIRA/Confluence, MS Powerpoint, MS Project, or equivalent experience (preferred)
- Ability to effectively present and communicate outputs and ideas to various audiences
- Experience with compiling user requirement documents
- Experience with Qlik advantageous
- Knowledge of the Telecommunications Industry and Business Intelligence would be advantageous
- At least 2-3 years working in an operational and project management experience (desirable).
- Knowledge of Billing & CRM systems
- SQL skills required
- Being pro-active and well organized is essential
The base location for this role is, The Towers, Cape Town.
At Vodafone, we help organisations succeed in a digital world. With our expertise in connectivity, our leading IoT platform, and our global scale, we can deliver the results you need to progress.