job description - Site Production Planner
SCOPE OF ROLE
- Consolidate customer requirements and produce production schedules
- Responsible for planning a group of lines or resources
- Responsible for managing Net Working Capital in the DC and planning to maintain safety stock targets for Finished Goods
- Co-ordinate outsourcing from co-packers
- Ensure the MPS plan accurately reflects forecast
- Escalate and report on customer service issues
- Work within the S&OP process to plan annual production of critical products
- Analyse manufacturing requirements, and operational issues
- Agreeing labour requirements with the Operations function
- Review exceptions in demand change that impact the schedule/plan
- Attend relevant NPI project meetings
- Control & implementation of pack change process
- Long Term planning running Rough-Cut Capacity Planning.
- Grade 12 certificate
- BCom / BTec in Supply Chain (or equivalent)
- Sapics CSCP / CPIM (Advantageous)
- Experience in Planning
- Intermediate / Advanced knowledge of MRP and MPS processes and systems.
- JDE/SAP/DRP/Rapid Response systems knowledge is a plus
You’ll succeed because…
- You’re determined and always believe there’s a better way. You are familiar with continuous improvement methods and good manufacturing processes. You can balance multiple projects and priorities. You’re committed to safety. You communicate well and lead by empowering others. Creative and tenacious, you enjoy solving complex problems. Above all, you’re results-orientated and thrive under pressure.
You’ll love it because…
- You’ll get to make an impact like never before. You’ll be responsible for your own projects - we can’t wait to hear your ideas. The products you help us get out there will make people’s lives better. Our iconic brands will provide an incredible platform for you. And our dynamic, ownership-driven culture will help bring the very best out of you, every day.
About the company