job description - Senior Structural Engineer
- We are currently recruiting for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our multi-disciplinary teams in Cape Town, South Africa. We pride ourselves on our extensive support network and our strength in numbers.
- In this role you will need to be professionally registered (PrEng) with a minimum of 10-12 years of experience in the analysis, design and management of projects in the property industry along with sufficient experience/exposure on medium to large scale property projects where they have played a leading role as a structural engineer. Proficient experience in managing and leading small to medium size teams and have strong technical skills in the analysis and design of structures in concrete, steel and other materials.
- The candidate should also have experience in working within a multidisciplinary engineering team and have an appreciation for the role and interactions of all engineering services required to execute a project.
We are looking for individuals with the following experience –
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline with professional registration
- Generally works on projects requiring a rare highly specialised skill or expertise and plans full project/activities and resources required (time, people and skills) along with instigating and managing project reviews from inception and design reviews taking responsibility for quality standards commercial metrics and client relations for the project while monitoring and role-modelling client service standards for the project to ensure the project commercially delivers against Arup’s business plan
- Creating communication plans for team/project and writes and delivers key components of it
- Resolving complex technical issues where there may not be an established precedent
About the company
We are a multinational professional services firm that provides design, engineering, and sustainability consultants, advisors, and experts dedicated to sustainable development.