job description - Senior Specialist: Solution Architect
- The Solution Architect is responsible for designing and leading the implementation of solutions and capability architecture for a particular business capability/user journey, according to the overall digital vision and target architecture. This role is responsible for the technical analysis and holistic solution design of future capabilities and features, including external dependencies, cross-domain APIs, and technical enablers. This role is responsible for reviewing/designing the target architecture vision and roadmap, evaluating and prioritizing roadmap items, and translating them into designs and non-functional requirements. The incumbent is responsible for providing support to engineering to ensure the development of technical stories is aligned to defined architecture paradigms, principles, and patterns.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Translate the overall digital vision and target architecture into corresponding solution designs and change requirements.
- Design end-to-end solutions and cross-domain integration and APIs.
- Define non-functional, operational, and quality requirements for solutions.
- Define technical stories to enable business capabilities, foster re-use of existing components, and accept technical features following demos.
- Guide delivery teams to ensure alignment.
- Facilitate solution compliance to security, privacy, and regulatory needs.
- Manage technical debt and technology obsolescence at the solution level.
- Advocate adoption of new technologies into solutions.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Matric/ Grade 12 is essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Analysis, or another related field.
- Five to seven years of experience in at least three disciplines, such as business, information, solution or technical architecture, application development, middleware, information analysis, database management, or operations in a multitier environment.
- Extensive exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Extensive experience in business capability modeling and technical and solution architecture development in a digital business context.
- Professional experience and knowledge of digital and Telecommunications industries are strongly preferred.
The base location for this role is Midrand, Vodacom Campus.
At Vodafone, we help organisations succeed in a digital world. With our expertise in connectivity, our leading IoT platform, and our global scale, we can deliver the results you need to progress.