job description - Senior Accountant
Main purpose / objective of the position:
- To ensure that finance is seen as a value adding business partner (Business Tenants, property management and clients). Develop Finance's influence in the making of business decisions. To oversee the financial processes and reporting to clients.
Decision making authority:
- This position operates within budget parameters and Decision framework. Decisions are based on knowledge of systems and theory and are chosen from prescribed policies and procedures.
Experience / Education:
- Minimum BCom. with Accounting III or equivalent qualification and at least 3-5 years relevant working experience.
- Computer literacy: SAP; MS Office – Advanced Excel, Intermediate Word and Outlook
- Administration Skills; Time Management; Advanced Financial Calculations and reporting
- Detailed knowledge of Policies and procedures; Capital expenditure; Legal aspects; Tax (including VAT); & IFRS
- Communication; Analytical Thinking; Problem solving & decision making; Tolerance for stress; Customer Relationship Building; Team work and cooperation; Customer and quality focus; Financial and Business Acumen; Accuracy; Drive and productivity, deadline driven
Major drivers of work volume:
- Number of property management agreements, number of clients, number of cost and profit centres, complexity of reporting needs
Interface / relationships with:
- Internal: CFO, Senior Financial Manager, IT, Leasing Controller, Property Manager, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- External: Contractors, Banks, External Auditors, SARS and other Regulatory Bodies etc.
We are a trusted property services company that delivers comprehensive strategies, services and solutions to a wide client base.