job description - Sales Consultant
Customer Relationships Development
- Make calls by telephone to allocated customers to develop new relationships or either as a first point of contact.
Customer Needs Clarification
- Interview the customer, following a complex multi-level sales script, to clarify the customer's requirements. Or assist in conducting interviews with potential customers to collect client requirements making detailed notes.
Sell Customer Propositions
- Identify the products or services that best meet the customer's stated needs, explain the selection to the customer, and invite the customer to make a purchase at the standard price/terms and conditions of sale.
- Develop working knowledge of the organisation's policies and procedures and of regulatory codes and codes of conduct relevant to own work, adhering to mandatory procedures to ensure own work is undertaken to the required standards.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Data
- Schedule callback and enter relevant information into the customer relationship management system after each contact with a customer to create a call plan and to ensure that the organisation has quality data to enable effective customer retention and business development activities.
- Prioritise own workflow and ensure work is completed to the required standards of productivity, quality and timeliness; use performance management systems to improve personal performance.
Personal Capability Building
- Keep abreast with current changes in internal policies and procedures, external regulations which is facilitated by the online training system and tracked by a formal assessment.
Sales Opportunities Creation
- Identify potential customers by obtaining information, referrals, and recommendations from existing customers.
- Matric / Grade 12 or SAQA Accredited Equivalent (Essential).
- Regulatory Exam 5 (Essential).
- Wealth Management Qualifications - (Advantageous)
- 2-3 years' telephonic sales experience (Essential); Experience in Financial Services Industry (Advantageous)
We are a financial holding institution in South Africa licensed to provide financial products and/or services ranging from short-term, long-term, and health insurance.