job description - Presentation Scheduler
Purpose of the Position:
- To construct and deliver an accurate on-air transmission log.
Key Performance Objectives
- Construction of a transmission log (presentation schedule) to ensure correct transmission of content across all channels e.g. programming, advertising, various On-Air elements, sponsorships, branding and marketing material.
- Produce a meticulously accurate transmission.
- Transmission-ready detailed 48hour running-order Log for Playout by required daily deadline.
- Construct and deliver fault free Transmission Logs for transmission, against strict deadlines, for all current and future M-Net channels.
- Accurately capture the Programming and content from the Macro schedule (Synergy) to the Micro schedule across required channels including Africa Customization.
- Query anomalies to ensure accurate running order logs (schedules)
- Create Formats, if required.
- Thorough checking of own logs.
- Generate running order schedule and maintain on-air elements in the current operating system, Synergy’s Micro Scheduling System.
- Ensure schedule is compliant with the BCCSA regulation and guidelines
- Ensure adherence to set company policies and procedures.
- Liaise with Internal departments EPG, Marketing, DStv Media Sales, Media Operations and Traffic on the status of the logs as per agreed standard operating procedure.
- A Degree in Media Studies/Video Technology or similar
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of technical broadcasting experience
- On-Air transmission experience
- Understanding of broadcast value chain
- Relationship building
- Communication skills
- Media planning
- Barger agreements
MultiChoice Group is a leading African entertainment industry. The service launched in 1995 provides multiple channels and services to their subscribers.