job description - Portfolio Manager
Main purpose/objective of the position:
- To manage a centre by optimizing all trading opportunities, including lease agreements, and ensuring that the portfolio’s financial performance remains sound.
- Optimizing the building's income stream by establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with tenants, managing and controlling personnel, service contractors, repairs, revamps, tenant installations, inspections, and general building administration.
- This position will require an all-rounded property professional. Profit responsible.
- Subject to the mandate as received from Portfolio Management
Experience / Education:
- 3-5 years’ experience in the property/centre management industry.
- Minimum qualification Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Registered with the Property Practitioner Regulatory Authority
- Fidelity Fund Certificate – NQF 4 & PDE qualification
- A property-related tertiary qualification would be a recommendation.
- Retail experience essential.
- Budgeting & Financial Management
- Business writing skills
- People management skills
- IT literacy
- Administration skills
- Driver's license
- Property / Centre Management industry
- Basic technical knowledge
- Contract management, elementary financial management
- Workable knowledge of Company policies and procedures, in-depth knowledge of lease agreements,
- Understanding of cost budgeting, basic knowledge of statutory requirements
- Problem-solving & decision making
- Customer Relationship Building
- Team leadership
- Financial & business acumen
- Confidence, Assertiveness; Negotiation; Analytical Thinking; Tolerance for Stress; Resilience.
Major drivers of work volume:
- Geographical spread of Cluster
- Grading and complexity of buildings in Cluster.
- Lease renewal cycle
- Level of service required (tenant/building profile)
- Profile of the centre (s)
- Number of building owners
We are a trusted property services company that delivers comprehensive strategies, services and solutions to a wide client base.