job description - Portfolio Executive
Main purpose / objective of the position:
- To provide a single point of communication and accountability in terms of the portfolio managed, and to provide guidance on sound business principles and leadership in terms of the various assets under management. This will include tenant relations, physical property issues and administrative matters.
- To plan, direct, coordinate and budget, either personally or through subordinate personnel, all activities concerned with the Property Management process in order to optimise the Company's profit, including the establishment and development of new markets in order to add value to the portfolio and/or the Company and improve the long term profitability of properties / shopping centres under management through revamps and/or expansions. To establish the Company as experts in the property market.
- To ensure, either personally or through subordinate personnel, customer care and good interaction with tenants are managed.
- Assist with the annual budget process and ensure accuracy in order to present to the owners / coowners
- Prepare strategic plan for each asset in conjunction with ownership. Implement the plan, monitor progress and revise throughout the year as necessary.
- Assistance to Centre Management teams with space planning and estimating costs while maintaining established building standards and profitability
- High-level reporting on portfolio-wide performance including accounts receivable, expense variances, miscellaneous income programs, and tenant move-ins/move-outs
Decision making authority:
- Employees in this band are concerned with long term planning in the company’s functions, including but not limited to the management of staff; operational decisions relating to income and expenditure to meet the mandates provided by clients; decisions regarding the income and expenditure of the company in order to meet targeted growth in profit. Operate as determined by the Approval Frameworks of the Company and clients.
Experience / Education:
- EAAB Fidelity Fund Certificate as Full Status Agent (NQF5 qualification). Advanced business knowledge, especially in the property industry and associated financial markets backed-up by at least 10 years appropriate experience. Exposure to large retail centres are a requirement, as well as knowledge and exposure to the national tenants Experience in managing people is a key requirement.
- Although a minimum of Gr 12 with university entrance is required, a business degree would be a strong recommendation.
- People Management; Negotiation; Deal-making; Problem solving; Numeracy;
- Coordination/Organization; Computer literacy; Team Building, Emotional intelligence, Inter-personal
- Communication skills. Drivers license, Financial Acumen; Ability to establish strong interpersonal relationships with team members. Ability to work with little direction, maintaining confidentiality and professionalism. Professional demeanor. Quantitative and analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Priority setting, decisiveness, organization and time-management skills
- Property industry, especially commercial and retail property management- and development; company specific systems and procedures; local environment; Basic Labour Law; Occupational Health and Safety legislation; basic principles of South African law of contract as well as the law of landlord and tenant. Consumer protection Law implications of property owners required.
- Team leadership(5), Change leadership(5), Financial and business acumen (4), Applied Strategic planning(4), Customer and Quality Focus(5), Innovation(4); Analytical Thinking (4); Drive and Productivity (4); Problem Solving and Decision Making (4); Property Specialist.
Major drivers of work volume:
- Number of properties and tenants; business cycle of various assets, co-owned properties and communication between co-owners, number of clients: number of staff; number and complexity of
- business improvement/cost reduction initiatives; number and frequency of involvement in Business forums, Community / Social Responsibility projects; number and size of revamps/expansions at properties under management.
Interface / relationships with:
- Internal: Exco; Finance; Facilities; People Management; Systems
- External: Property Owners and Asset Managers; Centre Staff, Tenants; Local authorities and community; Contractors; Attorneys; SAPOA; SA Council of Shopping Centres ; Local Business Forums
We are a trusted property services company that delivers comprehensive strategies, services and solutions to a wide client base.