job description - Ops Spec: Customer Engineer
- Provide digital workplace support for the customer base remotely and onsite.
Key Deliverables / Primary Functions
- Application and device troubleshooting and support.
- Accurately use available software or specialist monitoring tools to maintain awareness and control of the hardware and software.
- Used approved remote management tools to remote support end user devices
- Liaise with external resources (3rd Party Management) to facilitate resolution of 3rd party Incidents
- Ability to do root cause analysis and troubleshooting across systems to resolve incidents
- Ability to engage and liaise with all personnel including VIP personnel.
- Follow escalation matrix and keep customer informed.
- Enabling management with communication about incidents/requests
- Remote support and 24/7 standby, after hours and on-call support.Ownership of Incidents and Service Requests, until resolution with continues feedback.
- Build Relationship with customers to improve and provide world class support.
- Assist with the connection of end user devices to Audio Visual support equipment.
- iPad, Apple, and Android mobile support.
- Ability to break-fix problems to satisfy installation requests, simple or complex, in a wide range of dissimilar environments.
- Identify and understand business challenges of the Customer and the impact thereof on the device support.Build a working knowledge of Microsoft products
- Support security policies and standards of the Customer
- Ensure company assets (replacement parts) are tracked and maintained responsibly
- Core Functional Skills & Knowledge
- Microsoft Office
- Mobile Support
- Hardware Troubleshooting
Core Behavioural Competencies
- Job Match
- Deciding & Initiating Action
- Coping with pressures & setbacks
- Planning & Organising
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Working with people
- NQF 6: 3 year Degree/ Diploma/ National Diploma
- OR NQF 4: Grade 12
Additional Education -Preferred /Advantage
- 3 years’ experience
- 5 years’ experience
- ITIL 3 or 4 will be advantageous
- MCP (Desktop)
- HP, Dell, Lenovo, Mustek products will be advantageous
At BCX, we take care of your technology needs so that you can take care of your business. The services and solutions we create get your business ready for the future.