job description - Operations Manger
Main purpose / objective of the position:
- This role forms a critical part of the day-to-day functioning of a Centre; The connection and relationship between this role and the team leader are an essential part of the successful management of a Centre; The implementation of tasks and understanding of this role will be critical and would include, fully understanding each component of the Centre being managed in terms of mechanical, maintenance, tenant installations, preparation and management of an annual budget, inspections, management of Service Providers and Contractors, day to day activities within the Centre, dealing with customers/shoppers to the Centre, and overall understanding of how all these aspects fit into each other for a Centre to be managed successfully.
Decision making authority:
- Per approval framework. Training would be required to take decisions of a general nature from which specific judgment can be made to meet a new situation not yet encountered.
Experience / Education:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Facilities / Operations Management. Minimum qualification Grade 12
- Electrical, Mechanical, or Construction background and technical skills would be a recommendation.
- Awareness and understanding of tasks in chronological order, being able to implement and conclude these tasks successfully, having Rational sense to assess a situation, having the ability to manage Service Providers vs the Service Level Agreement entered during moments of the crisis being able to coordinate and manage the situation, Capability to write correspondence to tenants (if required on Word or Email), Ability to prepare monthly reporting on Excel.
- Switchboard, General layout of the centre, Policies & Procedures
- Team player, Problem solving & Decision making, Communication, Tolerance for Stress, Assertive, Proud of the work delivered, being prepared to walk the extra mile.
We are a trusted property services company that delivers comprehensive strategies, services and solutions to a wide client base.