job description - Operations Manager - Fault Management (NOC Environment)
OUR CLIENT REQUIRES A TECHNICAL OPERATIONS MANAGER TO WORK WITHIN THE OPERATIONS FAULT MANAGEMENT SERVICES (NOC) ENVIRONMENT, DEALING WITH ALL INCIDENTS/ EVENTS /TASKS AS WELL AS ANY TACTICAL CHANGES RELATING TO NETWORK MANAGEMENT CENTRE APPLICATIONS AND INFRASTRUCTURE (TELECOMMUNICATIONS)
The Operations Manager is responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that the team is managing and coordinating all client incidents, events, tasks and work orders for division, ownership.
- Implementing conformance plans and conducting weekly operations meetings with all necessary stakeholders and engagement points.
- Implement service level areas and agree on internal operational level indicators.
- Ensuring Timeous handover of tasks to the resolving parties including 3rd party coordination.
- Scheduling of all staff working within the service and support management environment.
- Drive continuous operations changes to adapt to NOC environment, ADDRESS non-conformance of NOC processes
- Complete all daily, weekly, and monthly dashboard reporting
- Continually improve ITIL processes (i.e., Change, Incident, and Problem) and policies in support of organizational goals
- Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output
- Monitor, manage and improve the efficiency of fault management services
- Management Reporting and Presentations
- Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions
- Ensure adherence to established rules, regulations, and procedures
- Ensure monthly operational milestones are communicated to all stakeholders
- Implement SOP’s
- Taking the lead in staff performance
The Operations Leader must review the following:
- Control all master Incidents and ensure correlation
- Track Incidents logged *ownership
- Task allocation
- Manage problems or Escalations of service
- Manage changes to environment that could hinder service
- Mean to time to log (MTTL), Mean time to dispatch (MTTD) Mean time to close (MTTC)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, business management, or telecommunications related qualification.
- ITIL v2 and v3 at Foundation Level
- 5/6 years of experience in an incident/event management environment (Essential)
- 4/5 years of experience in reporting of monitored services (Essential)
- Expert understanding with ARS fault management system (Essential)
- Experience in SLA management (Advantageous)
- High level of IT knowledge and experience (Advantageous)
- Cellular infrastructure knowledge (Advantageous)
LEADERSHIP COMPETENCY REQUIREMENT
- Ability to think and interact logically
- A natural curiosity
- The ability to work in a team and to be proactive around self-learning
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Willingness to assist with additional tasks given to the team
- Interpersonal skills
- Good judgment skills
- Good communication skills
- Behavioural traits such as attitude, motivation, and time management
- Be prepared to coordinate operational rosters, standby and overtime.
Nexio is a payments growth company that empowers businesses to reach ambitious goals. In a complex and ever-changing commerce world, our technology helps sellers and platforms solve payments problem.