job description - National Sales Manager
- Our Sales Team is relentless in the pursuit of excellence, ensuring AGCO delivers the best products and services in the industry in the most efficient, cost-effective way. We are currently seeking a National Sales Manager, in South Africa for our team. The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing sales activities in South Africa in a manner to achieve the net sales, gross margin and market share targets agreed upon with the Head of Sales, in Africa. The candidate will also be responsible for ensuring that the strategic development and implementation activities are consistent with the corporate strategic plan, and are targeted to achieve or exceed sales revenue, net contribution, cash flow, market share and return on sales goals
What will you do:
- Deliver Sales and Margin targets according to plans (budget and forecasts) for the market and product/brand line.
- Set up annual sales plans for the markets of responsibility and follow up on orders as per plans (per market and brand/product line).
- Collation of information for input into sales budgets and monthly forecasts.
- Development of actions required to achieve budgets and provide operational control of sales.
- Support the Distribution Development Team within the market in a manner that is capable of giving AGCO a competitive advantage.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of aggressive and engaging dealer/distribution sales teams that achieve targets for the growth and development of AGCO’s market presence and meet plan objectives for sales and inventory management.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the AG Industry in the market and understand the wants and needs of the marketplace.
What will you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of AG sales-related experience.
- Excellent product and competition knowledge.
- In-depth knowledge of technical aspects of AG machinery is required.
- Strong motivation for sales, business development, and project management.
- Strong managerial competencies with high operational output, paired with strategic skills, structured management, and resourceful working methods.
- Strong on initiative and creativity coupled with quick decision-making.
- Flexible, versatile, and quick to see the possibilities of new ideas and projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire and encourage others around him.
- Multiregional business experience is preferred, with associated knowledge of and exposure to varying cultures.
- Regular travel and conducting business in a variety of locations are needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English & Afrikaans).
A plus if you have:
- Ability to deliver profit while developing distribution partnerships delivering new and repeat end customer business.
- Experience in distribution development.
AGCO is a global leader in the design, manufacture, and distribution of agricultural machinery and precision ag technology. AGCO designs produces, and sells tractors, combines, foragers, hay tools, self-propelled sprayers, smart farming technologies, see