job description - Multimedia Journalist
Main Purpose of the Job/Hoof Verantwoordelikhede
- Work closely with journalists, photographers and other content creators to gather multimedia content.
- Edit and publish content on platforms such as Oovvuu, Iona and YouTube.
- Create own content in consultation with the line manager for multimedia.
- Handle live streaming of news conferences and other events.
- Record and edit podcasts.
- Keep studio and equipment in order.
Skills and competencies
- Operating video camera, lighting and audio epquiment
- Video editing with Premier Pro or comparable programme
- Podcast recording in studio, via phone line or on location
- Audio editing with Audition or comparable programme
- The ability to work under pressure in a digital, multiplatform environment which includes long hours and work on weekends. Must be able to work in a team and maintain good interpersonal relations.
- Excellent organisational skills in project planning and excecution.
Qualifications and experience/ Vereistes:
- Bewese ervaring as oudiovisiuele joernalis met toepaslike tersiêre kwalifikasie en minimum twee jaar werksondervinding.
- Geldige rybewys. Moet in vlot Afrikaans kan skryf en verslag kan doen.
- Proven experience as an audiovisual journalist. Relevant tertiary education and at least two years' working experience. Valid driver’s license. Must be able to write and report in fluent Afrikaans.
Media24 is the print media division of the South African media company Naspers. It controls Naspers' newspaper and magazine Southern African publishing and printing activities.