job description - Key Account Director
- As a Key Account Director, you will be responsible for delivering the agreed Net Sales growth target for the assigned customers, leading and managing Sales & Customer Management activities including processes, implementing appropriate commercial terms & conditions, effective opportunity management, customer satisfaction results, cross-selling and upselling the Tetra Pak portfolio.
- You’ll have to make sure that the relevant Tetra Pak portfolio is deployed in full, meets competitiveness requirements, and delivers a strong value proposition.
- You’ll have the responsibility to drive sales of our full portfolio – Packaging Materials, Capital Equipment & Services, and lead a cross-functional Key Account team to build strong customer relationships to achieve sustainable growth by identifying and capturing short, medium, and long-term business opportunities.
- This position is based in Johannesburg South Africa.
What you will do
- Lead the key account teams of strategic accounts or a combination of large key accounts, ensuring cross-border alignment and delivery of key cross-functional activities.
- Active contribution as a member of the market company management team to deliver the market strategy, 3-year plans, commercial process maturities, and capabilities.
- Balance strategic and operational objectives (budget, resources) for customers.
- Evaluate the key account team effectiveness and performance, and drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure a strategic fit with Tetra Pak and willingness to work together (key criterion for a customer account to be classified as a strategic account).
- Drive Customer Experience and Partnership improvements according to global processes.
- Managing Pricing and Commercial Conditions, Sales Forecasting for 3 businesses & Opportunity management through CRM (Salesforce).
- Drive improved understanding of the customer's overall business.
- Identify customer needs and drive opportunities in line with Tetra Pak's global business strategy, category, portfolio, processing, and services plans.
- Value Selling: Drive execution of sales targets for packaging solutions and processing.
- Opportunity Pipeline Management Execution - engage all team members and the customer in joint value creation and quantification.
Key Account Management:
- Together with the Key Account team and customer, drive the development and execution of the Key Account plan. Agree on shared objectives and targets with the customer.
- Ensure the team is driving Tetra Pak’s value proposition for the customer.
- Define, review, and drive activities to improve line and plant performance and reduce overall customer operational costs.
- Ensure that where relevant, retail and processing are involved, and actions are aligned.
- Support Technical Key Account Managers and other Service Product roles in driving the sales of service products. Engage all team members and the customer in joint value creation and quantification.
- Ensure that Account receivable expectations are met for Key Account Sales Forecasting (Capital Equipment and Packaging Materials planning).
We believe you have
- Strong sales background in B2B (Business to Business).
- Knowledge of the food or beverage industry will be advantageous.
- Strong experience in sales and key account management.
- Understanding of local market/customers in the Southern Africa region will be an advantage.
- Experience in dealing with complex external stakeholders and managing cross-functional internal teams required.
- Strong demonstration of Value Selling, Account Management, and Strategic orientation required.
- Business development mindset – to grow the Southern Africa region with new customers.
- Production understanding of packaging materials will be an advantage.
- Team player, Self-driven with excellent communication skills needed.
- Must be a South African citizen with a valid ID.
We Offer You
- A variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- A culture that pioneers a spirit of innovation where our industry experts drive visible results
- An equal opportunity employment experience that values diversity and inclusion
- Market competitive compensation and benefits with flexible working arrangements
Tetra Pak Nigeria is committed to making food safe and available, by protecting food, protecting people, and protecting the planet. thereby touching millions of people's lives every day.