job description - Internal Auditor - ICT And Compliance
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB;
- The Internal Auditor (ICT and Compliance ) conducts assigned internal audit engagements and special ad hoc projects under the supervision of the Senior Internal Auditor in accordance with the risk based internal audit plan.
Internal Audit Project Planning:
- Participate by making inputs to the preparation and development of the Audit Project Plan.
- Conduct preliminary survey on allocated audit engagements. a break-down in a control for understanding the business environment and all aspects of the audit area with respect to information flows, policies and procedures.
- Interview personnel of audit area to obtain relevant audit information.
- Draft system description and / or flowchart.
- Identify key controls within the audit area.
- Identify critical control points in a system flowchart
- Compile a control gap analysis identifying audit objectives, risks and controls.
Internal Audit Execution/Audit Testing:
- Develop audit program and testing procedures relevant to risks and test objectives identified.
- Prepare working papers documenting work performed in line with the audit methodology.
- Perform audit test as per approved audit programme.
- Evaluate measures instituted by management to ensure that resources have been acquired economically, utilised efficiently and effectively.
- Perform compliance tests (tests of the operation controls)
- Document audit test results on working papers.
- Conclude on working papers in line with the audit objectives.
- Compile exceptions based on working papers, test results and conclusions and submit to the Senior Internal Auditor for review.
Follow-Up on Findings:
- Perform relevant follow-up of previous audit findings.
- Gather evidence to support the conclusion reached for follow-ups.
- Prepared all manual and electronic files/working papers in line with the audit methodology.
- Ensures that all audits are conducted within the agreed budget, hours and timeframes.
- NQF Level 7 qualification i.e., Bachelor of Commerce Degree or Bachelor of Technology in Audit or ICT or equivalent.
- Must hold or be studying towards a CIA, CRMA, and CCSA.
- A registered member with the appropriate professional body (IIA SA)
- 5 years Financial management or Internal Auditing Experience
The South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA) is a Schedule 3A public entity in terms of the Public Finance Management Act.