job description - Guest Experience Expert(At Your Service Agent)
- Our jobs aren’t just about giving guests a smooth check-in and check-out. Instead, we want to build an experience that is memorable and unique. Our Guest Experience Experts take the initiative to deliver a wide range of services that guide guests through their entire stay. They are empowered to move about their space and do what needs to be done. Whether processing operational needs, addressing guest requests, completing reports, or sharing the highlights of the local area, the Guest Experience Expert makes transactions feel like part of the experience.
- No matter what position you are in, there are a few things that are critical to success – creating a safe workplace, following company policies and procedures, maintaining confidentiality, protecting company assets, upholding quality standards, and ensuring your uniform, personal appearance, and communications are professional. Doing all these things well (and other reasonable job duties as requested) is critical for Guest Experience Experts – to get it right for our guests and our business each and every time.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings, including social media where appropriate.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Stay up-to-date on the local area so that you are prepared to provide specific recommendations for guests.
- Communicate recommendations in a way that builds excitement and interest among guests and associates.
- Perform other reasonable duties as requested.
- Arrange transportation (e.g., taxi cab, shuttle bus) for guests/residents/visitors, and record advance transportation request as needed.
- Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Guest Arrival, Front Desk, Housekeeping, Engineering, Security/Loss Prevention) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem.
- Follow up with guests to ensure their requests or problems have been met to their satisfaction.
- Manage access to technological devices within public spaces (e.g., television, remote control, computer, Internet, games, etc.) and provide basic troubleshooting assistance or refer to appropriate individual or department (e.g., Engineering, Security/Loss Prevention) as necessary.
- Gather, summarize, and utilize information about the property and the surrounding area amenities, including special events and activities.
- Respond to guest requests for special arrangements or services (e.g., transportation, religious services, babysitting, dry cleaning, entertainment/sporting events, shopping) by making arrangements or identifying appropriate providers.
- Keep track of changes in room status (e.g., early check-out, late check-out, room transfer, unexpected stay over) for Housekeeping.
- Organize and coordinate check-in/pre-registration procedures for arriving groups.
- Process all check-outs including express check-outs, resolving any late and disputed charges, settling account, retrieving room key, and requesting comments on guest's stay.
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations in computer system (e.g., Fidelio, PMS, FOSSE, OPERA), verifying guest identity, requesting form of payment, assigning room, and issuing room key in accordance with property policies and procedures.
- Secure valid form of payment (e.g., credit card, cash) prior to issuing room key.
- Sell a room/accommodation to guests without reservations based on availability.
- Verify and adjust billing for guests.
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit.
- Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges.
- Count bank at end of shift and secure bank.
- Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications.
- Obtain manual authorizations and follow all Accounting procedures when computer system is down.
- Count bank at the beginning of shift to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Follow the requirements and tasks as defined in EMEA Front Desk Cashiering SOP.
- Comply with the requirements of the Marriott Cashiering Responsibilities/Petty Cash Fund and Cashier Overage/Shortage SOPs.
- Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy.
- Run credit card authorization report and check for discrepancies.
- Review shift logs/daily memo books and document pertinent information in logbooks in the absence of a departmental Supervisor.
- Print contingency lists to have a record of all guests in case of emergency.
- Provides assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Instruct guests on how to access the internet (e.g., dial-up, broadband, wireless).
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Handle sensitive issues with guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Policies and Procedures
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic and professional.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
Safety and Security
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Problem Solving
- Computer Skills
- Basic Mathematics
- Customer Service Orientation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Team Work
- Diversity Relations
- English Language Proficiency
- Applied Reading
- Positive Demeanor
- Stress Tolerance
- Time Management
Marriott International, Inc. is an American multinational company that operates, franchises, and licenses lodging, including hotel, residential, and timeshare properties.