job description - FIC Reporting Administrator
Main purpose / Objective of the position:
The employee will be responsible to apply prescribed frameworks, policies and methodologies in order to apply reporting obligations for Clients of the company. The employee must execute established departmental policies and procedures and ensures that all Reporting obligations are conducted in line with set frameworks, policies, methodologies and Risk Management Compliance Programme.
- Monitors and investigates manual and system generated alerts, in order to identify potential suspicious transactions and/or unusual activities.
- Investigates all sanctions and PEP hits in order determine whether they are a true positive or a false match.
- Reports all true sanctions/PEP matches to the AML Compliance Manager.
- Reports any potential suspicious or unusual transactions or activity to the Compliance Manager.
- Analyse the daily cash transactions report in order to identify cash threshold transactions above the prescribed limit of R49 999.99
- Reports all SAR’s / STR’s / TAR’s & TPR’s with the FIC.
- Assists with conducting internal investigations relating to any SAR’s / STR’s / TAR’s & TPR’s.
- Assists with any regulatory requests received from the FIC under the direction of the AML
Compliance Manger / MLCO.
- Captures and reports all Cash Threshold Transactions on the GoAML website.
- Conduct QA on Tenant/Landlord profiles after the KYC Officers have uploaded documents onto DocFox.
- Ensure that all reports submitted on GATR are successfully reported.
- Escalate reporting failures to the AML Compliance Manager.
- Provide stats for monthly Management Information reports.
- Assist with collating data for any Directive or Remedial Action taken relating to Reporting.
- Assist with any ad hoc duties relating to the Reporting Obligation.
- Acts as backup to the KYC Officers when required or requested and ensures that they are cross trained and kept abreast on new developments, trends and processes in accordance with our succession plan.
- Assist GATR – Adaptris with any implementations and changes to the system relating to reporting.
- Assist IT with any implementations / changes to the system relating to reporting.
- Ability to make a business decision on FIC and related matters
Assumes responsibility for ensuring professional business relations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Works to develop and maintain productive business relations with, but not limited to, the Board, Senior Management; Our clients; our third-party service providers (DocFox, GATR, etc)
Assumes responsibility for related duties and responsibilities as assigned or required on an ad hoc basis.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained
- All confidential documents are controlled as per the POPI policy and no personal / privilege information is laying around in open view. Documents and checklists should be locked away after each shift and when away from desk
- Stringent application of TAP policy where passwords are protected and not shared and workstations locked when away from desk
- Ensures that no action is taken by self or other employees to circumvent policies or related standards, frameworks, and RMCP; or advise any other employees on how to circumvent any policies, processes or related standards, frameworks and RMCP. Should this role have knowledge of any other employee who fails to comply with these policies or related standard, frameworks, and RMCP may be subject to disciplinary action and may be held personally liable for civil and criminal penalties if they are not reported to the AML Compliance Manager
Experience / Education:
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- 2 year’s relevant experience in a similar role
- Finance related / Compliance qualification or experience is an advantage
- Attention to detail
- Computer literacy
- Excel proficiency
- Communication skills
- Fast Learner
- Ability to work under pressure
- Problem solving
- Group Systems
- FICA Compliance
- Interpretation of legislation
Interface / Relationships with:
- Internal: Portfolio Executives, Money Laundering Control Officer, AML Compliance Manager
Lease Administrators. Portfolio Managers
- External Financial Intelligence Centre; DocFox; GATR – Adaptris.
We are a trusted property services company that delivers comprehensive strategies, services and solutions to a wide client base.