job description - Farm Services Manager
- Familiarity management principle and job card system
- Ability to manage a team larger than 20 employees, over various departments simultaneously.
- An analytical mind with problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- A team player with leadership skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Power point, Outlook)
- Driver’s license & own transport.
- Grade 12
- Electrical & Mechanical background would be advantageous.
- Experience within poultry industry would be beneficial.
- Experience in cleaning and servicing Bosman heaters would be beneficial.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all plumbing, ground maintenance, vehicle checks, electrical fault finding, cleaning & disinfecting as well as managing a team of drivers.
- Plan, delegate and coordinate service-related procedures and systems and develop ways to streamline processes.
- Assess staff performance and provide coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Ensure smooth and adequate flow of information within the company to facilitate other business operations
- Manage schedules and deadlines.
- Monitor inventory and plan purchasing of new materials/supplies/parts with attention to budgetary constraints
- Monitor costs and expenses of the services department to assist in budget preparation.
- Ensure that all preparation for washing duties carries out is up to expected standards.
- Ensure that all bio-security protocol and procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Weekly review of all job cards/inspection as well as following up on tasks that are not completed.
- Compliance with Health & Safety standards and work together with SHE Officer
- Candidate should be willing to work flexible hours as well as weekends that are scheduled.
- Attend to HR/IR matter i.e. – leave planning, time sheets, instituting discipline, etc.
About the company
We are a dynamic innovative agricultural business that operates across Africa, comprised of operations that stretch across all major concerns within the sector.