job description - Director, Visa Consulting & Analytics SSA
- The Visa Consulting Director, based in Johannesburg, will deliver consulting support and projects to VISA's key clients across Sub-Saharan Africa markets, with a specific focus on South Africa. The main objective of the role is to help deepen client relationships, identify and define digital strategies, and optimize client performance by helping them implement campaigns and strategies recommended by Visa in the areas of customer lifecycle management and new product development and launches (predominantly credit and prepaid).
Principal Responsibilities/Key Results Area
- Using VISA and external data to analyze client needs across the focus markets and identify opportunities for consulting assignments with VISA’s key clients.
- In coordination with Country Managers and Account Executives, develop plans for consulting activity securing funds from partnership agreements to support Consulting projects where such agreements exist.
- Develop project pitches and secure new Consulting assignments with clients, as well as "re-engagement opportunities" via a consultative sales approach in assigned markets.
- Deliver Consulting projects. Resolve complex strategic problems. Synthesize and manage complex project structures when required. Manage, facilitate, and implement consulting services and meet client's business targets (assignment objectives, project scope, budget, paperwork, external consultants' supervision, and project delivery). Work closely with other VISA groups, including Product, Marketing, etc., to ensure a seamless Consulting experience in the countries of focus.
- Work on client site to design and project manage the implementation of marketing campaigns, value propositions, and prepaid & credit products
- Develop and deliver client training programs and impart best practices and knowledge sharing to VISA clients.
- Where appropriate, work with designated practice areas globally to incorporate best practices, source analytical or other services, and leverage global consulting solutions.
Where appropriate, deliver and manage a network of external Consultants for projects that require external support and:
- Maintain excellent liaison and supervision of external consultants' deliveries.
- Assist in selecting, recruiting, inducting, and training external consulting firms.
- Work with other teams and external consultants to develop new and improved tools and techniques for future consulting activities.
- Manage the VISA Consulting budget and resources to perform all required duties.
- Liaise with VISA functional teams (Finance, Audit, Legal, Tax, Sourcing) to define and implement processes to optimize the daily engagement of vendors and the relationships with clients.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 12 years of solid experience in the following areas: value proposition design, digital transformation experience, product development, and launch, portfolio and P&L management/awareness in the credit and prepaid space
- Experience should be gained within a top-tier bank or the financial services practice of a top-tier consulting firm. A combination of regional and global experience is strongly desired.
- Deep consulting skills and client engagement capabilities. Advanced client contacts and presentation skills. Credibility with clients and working teams and diplomatic skills to extract desired outcomes. Comfortable interacting with and presenting to senior management of clients and VISA.
- Highly analytical with advanced PowerPoint skills and Excel skills. SAS skills preferred.
- Superior project management skills. Fluent communicator.
- Results-driven, flexible, and both internally and externally customer-focused.
- Able to travel frequently and work on client sites for extended periods across SSA.
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative with limited direction.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with interdisciplinary groups.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Visio Skills
- Strong technical accounting skills, and experience researching and documenting Accounting and Internal Control best practices and processes
- Knowledge and experience in the application of COSO Internal controls and Financial Risk management best practices
- Ability to design process flows, and draft policy and procedures
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Oracle, Ariba, Hyperion, and other related tools
- Strong business ethics
- Ability to work well under pressure and juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong Problem Solver/ Solution orientated thinker
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable, and secure payment network - enabling individuals & businesses