job description - Customer Service Associate - Onsite
- Our Customer Service Associates use a variety of tools to navigate, research, and review solutions, and communicate effectively with customers.
What are your hours?
- This role requires working variable hours to match when customers need us most. You will work overnight/day /late shifts and your work week is minimum 40 hours for example: 4x10hrs or 5x8hrs. In order to match our customer demand, we schedule based on a variety of different shift patterns operating of 24 hours Sunday to Monday.
- You will receive your work schedule at least 2 weeks in advance and your shifts may change every couple of weeks. You may be required to work national holidays and will be compensated accordingly. You will
What qualifications do we need from you?
- Minimum age: 18 years old
- Have the right to work in South Africa
- We require candidates to have completed an NQF Level 4 qualification or a Grade 12 qualification or higher. An overall minimum of 50% is required, as well as a minimum of 50% in English
- Strong communication skills in English (both written and oral fluency)
- Experience working with a computer
- The availability to work varying shifts from Monday to Sunday operating within 24 hours
- Willingness and ability to work in rotating shifts (i.e. early, late, overnight, weekend, and overtime as required)
What experience is required?
- 1+ years’experience in an inbound Customer Service associate role, in a BPO or a contact center supporting phone calls (Preferred), and/or
- 1+ years’experience in an high-end retail Customer Service environment
What strengths will you bring?
- Hard-working, articulate, and detail-oriented
- Friendly and customer-focused in every situation
- Ability to learn quickly and embrace change
- Comfortable multi-tasking in a high-energy environment.
What benefits will you receive?
You’ll receive training and be provided with a complete equipment package when you join. Additionally, we offer a number of benefits, including:
- Amazon employee discount
- Expert training and ongoing opportunities to learn more and develop your skills
We are a subsidiary of Amazon that provides on-demand cloud computing platforms and APIs to individuals, companies, and governments, on a metered, pay-as-you-go basis.