job description - Consulting, Java Developer
- Develops information systems by designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, and studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes.
- Investigates problem areas.
- Follows the software development lifecycle.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors, recommending purchases, and testing and approving products.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides information by collecting, analysing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Provide exceptional client service in person, phone and email as appropriate.
- Appropriately handling all client issues including troubleshooting and providing feedback to the customer.
- Supports clients per the details contained in the client maintenance and support contracts.
- Provides Level 1/2 Support to clients - resolving technical issues / error messages encountered by clients in a live production environment.
- Technical quality control on new software/solutions. Testing - perform any necessary software / hardware / device testing (internal and external) and documenting outcomes/specifications of these testing/UAT session.
- Attending design sessions (internal and external) and documenting specifications of these sessions.
- Occasional travel to clients.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- 3-5 years of professional software development experience
- Experience working in software development teams
- Experience working on multiple projects concurrently.
- Highly proficient in database design and SQL
- Highly proficient in a server-side languages such as C#, Java, Python
- Highly Proficient with CSS/HTML
- Application architecture and design patterns
- Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full software development lifecycle, from conception, architecture definition, detailed design, scoping, planning, implementation, testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance is preferred
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction applications
Software Engineer Qualifications / Skills:
- Analysing information
- Excellent programming skills
- Software design
- Software debugging
- Software documentation
- Software testing
- Problem solving
- Software development fundamentals
- Software development process
- Software requirements
Deloitte invests in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity.