job description - Business Development Manager
The successful candidates will be based in Johannesburg, reporting to the Business Development Director.
What you will do
- New Business Development – Find the opportunities for New Categories, New Customers, New Channels whilst cross & up selling the Tetra Pak portfolio of packaging material, services and equipment for processing and packaging food.
- Account Management - Together with the customer, drive the development and execution of Account plan. Agree on shared objectives and targets with the customer. Drive mutual sustainable growth.
- Relationship Management - Drive improved understanding of the customer and overall business (marketplace, channel, retailer, consumer, competitive environment, strategy, productivity, profitability and across value chain). Identify customer needs and drive opportunities in line with Tetra Pak global business strategy, category, portfolio, processing, and Services plans.
- Sales Forecasting (CE and PM planning): Secure accurate Sales Forecasting for assigned Account. Ensure that Account receivable expectations are met for Account.
- Value Selling: Drive execution of sales targets for packaging solutions and processing. Opportunity Pipeline Management Execution.
- Coordinate cross functional activities: Ensure that customer issues are resolved in a timely manner, and the resolution is accepted by the customer.
- Portfolio Deployment: Ensure that the relevant Tetra Pak portfolio is deployed and delivers a strong value proposition.
We believe you have
- Relevant Commercial/Engineering Degree
- MBA Degree is an advantage
- Able to speak Portuguese is an added advantage.
- At least 5-7 years of Sales/Business Development experience with a successful track record of generating new business.
- Proven performance (KPIs and Positive customer feedback)
- Good understanding of local market in Southern Africa / customers and categories mapping to identify opportunities.
- Food Processing and Packaging industry experience added advantage.
- Experience in value-add selling of product offerings.
- Superior Proficiency in MS Office - PowerPoint, Excel etc.
- SAP knowledge an advantage
- Knowledge of specialized Tetra Pak processing and packaging machinery would be advantageous.
- Driver’s license and Passport. Willing and able to travel extensively (both nationally & internationally)
We Offer You
- A variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- A culture that pioneers a spirit of innovation where our industry experts drive visible results
- An equal opportunity employment experience that values diversity and inclusion
- Market competitive compensation and benefits with flexible working arrangements
Tetra Pak Nigeria is committed to making food safe and available, by protecting food, protecting people, and protecting the planet. thereby touching millions of people's lives every day.