job description - Associate Engineer (Transport Planning)
- Plan works, provides technical reviews and quality management. Shares technical expertise and experience with others in the company via internal technical communication and presentations. Responsible for the development of high-quality design outputs. Able to do hands-on design.
Technical Delivery Management:
- May act as a line manager and should be able to mentor, monitor timekeeping and carry out performance reviews, providing feedback on allocated technical staff.
- Plays an active role in the technical development of the allocated team.
- Acts in a supporting role to the Team Leader/ Manager/ Associate Director /Director by delegating work and directing less experienced staff to complete assigned projects' technical tasks.
- Able to monitor and track the budget for specific tasks within the project.
- Prepares technical specification sections and completes feasibility studies and is able to add input and value to designs.
- Performs quality control reviews of design calculations and drawings following policies and procedures and serves as Lead Verifier, confirming that the technical approach satisfies the client scope of services and expectations.
- Provides specialised input to studies and design within their specific area of expertise.
- Contributes as an in-house expert on specific technologies or processes.
- Develops solutions to complex and challenging issues using engineering methodologies to define new procedures when needed.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard industry techniques to execute work assignments.
- Identifies and develops new processes that lead to improved efficiency or work quality.
- Engages with project technical teams within a field of expertise to confirm project approach and review deliverables within budget and scope.
- Liaises with authorities to obtain permits and approvals and to discuss technical advances.
- Resolves technical issues concerning conflicting requirements or complex coordination.
- Develops construction cost estimates and estimates of technical effort/man-hours for projects.
- Should support the design team with design tasks and able to do hands-on design when required.
- Supports the design team on technically complex and challenging projects and brings innovation into the design.
- Assisting with Project Bids.
- Lead Verification
- May be required to act as Project Manager on small to medium size discipline-specific projects.
- Has an excellent understanding of project delivery requirements and is well versed with project delivery procedures.
- Should be well versed in the use of Earned Value Management to assess the progress of design against budget.
Client Relationship Management:
- Supports business development and selling initiatives to expand work assignments, including managing client relationships and expectations.
- Assists with proposals and participates in the development of bids and technical write-up for proposals.
- Leads communication with clients to discuss work scope, requests information to support project execution and receives client comments on draft work products.
- Presents to clients, senior leadership, and other project stakeholders to demonstrate progress and clearly explains design principles.
- Responsible to coordinate with the other disciplines to ensure there are no design gaps and provide fully coordinated design deliverables.
- This includes the support of the construction supervision teams.
Minimum experience & qualifications required
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering from an accredited University/Master of Science / Engineering.
- 12+ Years' experience after obtainment of Qualification of which 3+ years should be in a supervisory role
- Professionally registered as an Engineer with ECSA or relevant professional body
An established Track Record of Growth, Prosperity, and Success in Human Capital Solutions.