job description - Assistant Procurement Legal Advisor
Main purpose / objective of the position:
- To assist in the implementation of Sub-contractor Agreements within MEA, across existing and new potential Clients to meet business operational and financial targets.
Decision making authority:
- This position operates within budget parameters and decision framework.
Experience / Education:
Minimum job requirements:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. Legal degree or similar will be preferred.
- Min 2 years’ experience in sourcing / procurement function, with commercial acumen, negotiations, planning, supplier due diligence will be preferred.
- Min 3 years contract drafting and contract negotiation experience is required.
- Experience in Facilities Management industry will be beneficial.
- Telephone skills; General Administrative skills; computer literacy (MS Office, particularly Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word); Ability to Multi-task; Interpersonal skills.
- Expert level skills with analytical tools.
- Good contract drafting, interpretation and negotiation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder.
- Ability to work flexibly with minimal supervision with a remote reporting line.
- communication, customer and quality focus, methodical, tolerance for stress, initiative, self-confidence and self-starter.
- impact and influence, teamwork and co-operation, accuracy, problem solving
- Experience of and in-depth knowledge of the Facilities Management supply chain.
- Supply chain principles, procedures and methods.
- Assistance with legal writing and reading comprehension.
- Supplier performance improvement tools & techniques.
- Strong proven experience in Procurement and Supply Chain Management with a track record of solid and results achievement.
- Significant experience leading and conducting negotiations, drafting and interpretation for contracts with domestic & international sources across a wide portfolio of categories. Ability to do research, apply information and provide general legal advice.
- The ability to work with and influence a broad range of stakeholders and supplier staff at senior levels.
- Able to plan and manage multiple work programmes effectively and be admin driven.
- Assist Procurement Legal Advisor to finalise required Agreements.
- Liaise with Operations to obtain/ascertain and incorporate the related scope of work, service level agreements, bill of quantities and pricing etc.
- Liaise with Bid Team to obtain/ascertain and incorporate the related scope of work, service level agreement, bill of quantities and pricing etc.
- Assist Procurement Legal Advisor to populate CBX template Agreements and coordinate the complete pack for sign-off.
- Research legislation and regulations to ensure compliance of Agreements with guidance from Legal Advisor.
- Ability to draft, to advise, interpret and negotiate Agreements, where applicable, with guidance of the Procurement Legal Advisor and Business Unit Leads.
- Assist Procurement Legal Advisor with storage and version control of Agreements through a contract register and central repository.
- Assist to establish Sub-Contractors/Suppliers requiring Agreements (High spend and high criticality).
- Assist to set the contract signatory DOA and ensure compliance thereof.
We are a trusted property services company that delivers comprehensive strategies, services and solutions to a wide client base.