job description - Analyst, Credit
- Manage a portfolio of counterparty credit risks associated with lending, trading, and investing activities, with the primary objective of assessing and managing risk within acceptable parameters.
- Complete effective financial analysis of counter party credit risks.
- Undertake quantitative and qualitative financial analysis to develop a comprehensive understanding of counter party risks for new or increased facilities.
- Formulate Rating Models to determine Risk Grades.
- Understand the Banks internal rating models and their risk drivers, and translate this information into a rating using the correct rating model.
- Provide recommendations of lending and derivative products.
- Provide recommendations and exercise judgement, sanctioning excesses within Delegated Authority limits.
- Coordinate and ensure that the post-approval implementation of facilities and legal documentation is in accordance with the conditions of sanction by liaising with credit and legal, and by reviewing inputs on Adaptiv by Credit Ops team.
- Manage portfolio actively by following up and address non-adherence to terms and conditions of sanction by counterparties. Consider the inherent risk therein and make recommendations to regularise or mitigate such increased risk
- Degree in Business Commerce, or Risk Management, or Finance, or Engineering & BSc
- 1- 2 years experience in thorough conceptual and practical knowledge of credit procedures, policies and standards. Demonstrated ability to understand products and facilities that give rise to counterparty credit risk and appropriately documenting these risks. Understanding of Risk and broader regulatory and compliance requirements.
- 1-2 years basic understanding of Investment Banking vanilla lending and derivative products and facilities that give rise to counterparty credit risks, including the documentation required/presented to manage that risk.
- 1-2 Years knowledge of financial markets, global economy and appropriate regional geographies in which portfolio operates.
About the company
Standard Group is the largest financial institution by assets, offering a full range of that offers banking and financial services to individuals, businesses, institutions, and corporations.