job description - Ad Project Engineer (Performance Manager)
- Provide strategic Leadership to a multi-disciplined team consisting of an FSM, SOL and PM plus Service, Projects & Support specialists dealing with complex technical equipment and a highly sophisticated range of products and services.
- Ensure the organization achieves its strategic growth objectives through attracting, developing, rewarding & retaining the necessary skills and resources.
- Accurate planning and forecasting of business performance.
- Aggressively deploying growth initiatives.
- Partner with Project Automation and Advanced Solutions Business LOBs.
- Work with the Sales team to drive additional orders and develop / capitalize on business opportunities.
- Work with the Field Service Manager, Project Manager & Service Operations Leader to develop and establish an operational plan to provide the path for the operational processes i.e. Applicable CRM and SAP.
- Communication with the Customer in accordance with a contract specific Communications Plan (supported by Stakeholder Analysis and RASCI).
- Support the Service team in resolving incidents and troubleshooting of problems (including an escalation process for the customer).
- Review system performance metrics and plan / manage accordingly.
- Oversee all major upgrades and migrations.
- Work within Customer’s change management process.
- Serve as approver of all significant change requests.
- Include an operational risk / benefit assessment for all significant changes (including a Risk Management Plan).
- Participate in all pre-outage planning meetings and support all On-Process Migrations.
- Review and advise the site on all project activities affecting the control system
- Ensure documentation is updated.
- Support the Field Service Manager, Project Manager & Service Operations Leader in developing and communicating training needs that would improve system performance or reliability (including Training Needs Analysis, Training Plan and Competency Matrix for Honeywell & Customer team members).
- Manage third party underpinning contracts to ensure cost effective, appropriate quality and timely performance.
- Partner with the FSM and PM to manage the close out of corrective actions (internal and external) by identifying the root causes and updating procedures to reflect improved ways of working.
- Ensure compliance with a contract specific HSE Plan
- Ensure that all required safety standards are understood and measured for full Honeywell compliance throughout the service business.
- Be a spokesman for Honeywell’s safety culture and promote safety always. Metric development/reporting
- Risk/OPP development and management
- Vendor interface
- Project Performance
- Partnering with the FSM and PM on Orders, Revenue, Profit, Cash and Past Dues
- Customer: Customer satisfaction
- Safety: Defined HPS safety metrics
- Operational: Balanced Scorecard via agreed KPI’s
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related Technical Field
- Role is based in Secunda
- Project Management or Lead Engineer experience for 3-5 years
- Project Financial experience
- Oil and Gas/ Water/ Power/ Energy/ Chemical industry experience
- Customer Facing experience 3-5 years
About the company
Honeywell operates as a diversified technology and manufacturing company worldwide.