job description - State Coordinator
- he State Coordinator will oversee the planning, implementation, and monitoring of nutrition programs within the assigned state.
- The successful candidate will work closely with local government officials, community leaders, and partner organizations to ensure effective program delivery.
- Oversee the planning, implementation, and monitoring of nutrition programs within the assigned state.
- Manage project personnel in the state, providing guidance, support, and performance evaluations.
- Provides clear documentation of programmatic achievements as well as required data and keep project senior management informed of state activities on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Take responsibility for management of the state project budget and all other resources under the direction of the Program Advisor.
- Ensure that project partners execute the project according to their respective project plans.
- Document project activities and ensure that all project information is appropriately secured.
- Monitor the progress of the project implementation and adjust as necessary to ensure the project remains on track and is successfully completed.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of state project activities
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures and ensure that all financial records for the projects are up to date.
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of international standards as set by donor.
- Internally and when requested, support project research activities as required.
- Disseminate findings from research to support organizational learning and contribute to policy processing or development.
- Liaise and network with relevant partners and collaborators in the state to improve project visibility, coordination of activities and promotion of shared advocacy agenda.
- Build and maintain meaningful working relationships with both government and key project stakeholders at all levels to strengthen opportunities for advocacy and higher visibility.
- Represent the project at the state level.
- Effectively manage project resources and processes
- Cost effectiveness (Judicious use of available resources in the State)
- Responsiveness (Timeliness in delivering on internal processes such as reporting, request for information, promptness for meetings etc.).
Required Qualifications / Competencies
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Public Health, Nutrition, or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in project management or a relevant field, with at least 5 years in a supervisory role.
- Familiarity with the local context and dynamics within the assigned state is desirable.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities with a demonstrated ability to build effective partnerships.
- Prior experience with USAID-funded programs or organizations strongly preferred.
- Comfortable working in a matrixed, integrated work environment.
- Proven experience in project coordination and stakeholder engagement.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and coordinate with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving abilities.
- Detail-oriented with a strong commitment to program effectiveness and impact
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a dynamic and challenging environment.
About the company