job description - Senior Technical Advisor - SMC REACH Project
- Malaria Consortium is recruiting for a Senior Technical Advisor for the SMC REACH project. This position can be based in any of our country offices, which include Nigeria, Uganda, London, Mozambique, South Sudan, Ethiopia, Togo, Burkina Faso, Chad and our Asian offices.
- The role works across all technical aspects of SMC program activities, including quality of implementation, monitoring and evaluation (M&E). The post holder will advise on technical and approaches to SMC, ensuring that all program activities consistently contribute to the overarching aim of safely preventing malaria cases in eligible children living in areas targeted by SMC campaigns within the intended period of protection.
- The post holder will use their knowledge and specialist expertise to guide and influence technical excellence and technical direction with all relevant stakeholders. They contribute to strategic and tactical decision-making in the program through analytics, research and/or experiential learning.
- This role will provide technical support under REACH Malaria to National Malaria Control Programs (NMCPs) in the implementation of SMC, ensuring high standards of technical excellence across the program.
The successful candidate will have:
- Postgraduate Degree in a relevant discipline, for example Medicine, Disease Control, Epidemiology or Public Health
- Extensive experience in the implementation of communicable diseases control programs within government, a public sector agency, a not-for-profit organisation or research institution
- Extensive experience of field work in developing countries, in particular in Africa
- Experience at senior level providing technical support or technical assistance to projects or programs
- Experience of engaging with high-level country, regional and global stakeholders to inform policy and practice
About the company