job description - Scaffolder
- We currently have an opportunity within SPIE Services Nigeria for a Scaffolder.
- This position is a unique opportunity to carry out skilled scaffolding work. This includes erection of scaffolding of various types, establishing platforms and safety measures and dismantling and removing on completion of job.
- Erection of scaffolding of various types, establishing platforms and safety measures.
- Dismantling and removing on completion.
- Undertaking checking/assessing and when directed.
- Help to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair; to ensure compliance with agreed codes, law, working practices and health and safety.
- Carry out planned tasks in accordance with contract/agreed requirements.
- Carry out tasks within agreed time limits.
- Ensure compliance to agreed codes, legislation, and procedures including health and safety.
- Immediately report problems/failures that may impact on the organization and/or its clients/customers to Line Manager.
- Meet your targets and contribute to those of the team as a whole.
- Contribute towards the smooth running of the team.
- Adhere to all organization policies and procedures
- Ideally, you should have a Higher Secondary level of education and certified as Scaffolder.
- You are a certified scaffolder familiar to the Oil & Gas Industry for Offshore operations.
- Experience in SHUTDOWN activities is a strong plus
- You will have good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- You will need excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal English.
- Minimum level of experience required: 6 years or more
- English (E-Native or bilingual proficiency)
What can we offer you?
- We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals and immersed in international culture.
About the company