job description - Regional Sales Manager
- Responsible for overseeing all the activities related to sales in a specified region of the country with an aim to meet and exceed sales targets set by the company for the specified region, while ensuring excellent customer service at all times.
- Business/Financial: Generate Revenue, Credit Management, Coverage and Market Expansion/Territory Development/Customer Services.
- Processes & Controls: Resource Management & Materials Utilisation, Market Analytics, Reporting & Documentation
- People/Resource Management: Sales Capacity Building & Knowledge Sharing, Team Supervision
- Drive achievement of organisational objectives (Revenue, Volume, Product Mix, Coverage, Rate of Sales and Share of Shelf, etc) across specific region
- Assist the CCO in the preparation of sales plans, forecasts and budgets for the specified region.
- Supervise and execute the general sales of the company’s products across the specified region.
- Direct and control the activities of the Area Sales Managers to ensure execution of plans and objective realisation.
- Ensure the consistent achievement of targets set by the company for the specified region while delivering excellent customer service.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making regular visits in order to explore specific needs and anticipate new opportunities.
- Develop new business and expand customer base by building relationships with existing buyers and establishing contacts with prospective customers.
- Recommend the appointment of suitable Distributors and Sales Representatives.
- Ensures proper and accurate compilation of sales & stock records as well as prompt forwarding to the CCO on a weekly basis.
- Ensure the efficient issuance of invoices to customers for all delivered stocks/orders.
- Verify and ensure the payments made by customers in the company’s designated bank accounts, in accordance with company policy.
- Prepare and submit a comprehensive monthly report to the CCO, which includes competitors activity, accurate price audits, and the state of the company’s and competitors’ promotions & campaigns across the region
- Support, train and manage the Sales Team in the specified region towards improving their performance, in line with good organisational practice.
- Approve the itineraries of the Area Sales Managers, and subsequently check travel expense statements and recommend their payment.
- Ensure that sales policies and procedures are strictly adhered to, while maintaining maximum confidentiality, and recommend disciplinary action wherever necessary.
- Monitors all types of promotions and advertisements running in the specified region.
- Assist in increasing the general awareness and promoting the sales of products across the specified region.
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time by the CCO.
- Minimum of a Master's Degree in Business Administration or its equivalent. Other higher/ relevant qualification(s) will be an advantage
- Minimum of 8 years’ work experience in a FMCG Sales role
- Good knowledge in forecast management
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Good communication skills
- Good team management and leadership skills
- Proficiency in the use of MS Outlook and Office suite of products (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Ability to work remotely with minimal supervision
- Good ethical standard and high level of integrity.
About the company