job description - Refractory Manager
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in planning and organization of refractory repairs and turnarounds.
- Plan Kiln Shutdown and schedule of refractory maintenance.
- Define and execute process related improvements, material utilization and energy efficiency.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Line Manager.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Ceramic Engineering/Material Science/Chemical Engineering
- 18 years’ minimum work experience.
- Experience with refractory application and refractory material selection in Cement Plant of capacity above 5 MTPA.
- Experience in reducing the refractory consumption and cost reduction
- In-depth knowledge of the cement industry.
- High level of innovation and in-depth knowledge of best practice in cement solutions and applications.
- Ability to pay attention to details and excellent analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship management and supervising skills.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
We are a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate. The Group’s interests span a range of sectors in Nigeria and across Africa. our aim is to provide local, value-added products and services.