job description - Quality Control & Assurance Specialist - FMCG/Retail
- Develops innovative new programs, policies, and processes to deliver the freshest product in the industry in order to differentiate QMB from its competitors within retail units.
- Establishes, manages and meets quarterly spoilage targets.
- Utilizes Retailer scorecards and consumer insights to identify areas of under-performance in freshness that lead to lower than expected sales and profit goals and commitments.
- Maintain expertise on all fresh produce and meat items and work with other departments to enforce quality specifications upon product arrival.
- Alignment and standardization of Warehouse QC Departments
- Collaborate with departments in procurement to create standard product specifications at all sections of the store.
- Establish a daily reporting process of product conditions in inventory to inhibit customer dissatisfaction.
- Oversees the collection and production samples to evaluate quality.
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of in-process materials, raw materials, environmental samples, finished goods, or stability samples.
- Design the standard Operating Procedure, Quality inspection and control process
- Check the dimensions and surface quality of random batches of finished products to ensure they meet all company quality standards.
- Carries out the ongoing lab and field sampling, auditing visual, dimensional, and mechanical tests of materials and processes.
- Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on the appropriateness of data for release.
- Prepare accurate reports in accordance with company procedures and work instructions in order to provide reliable information for the efficient management of the department.
- A Degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Microbiologyother related disciplines.
- Relevant professional qualification or certification is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 4 years working experience, experience in the retail industry an added advantage.
- Good technical and IT skills.
- In-depth knowledge of quality control procedures and legal standards.
- Up-to-date knowledge of federal, state, and retail industry standards.
About the company
we are aone-stop-shop for buy-it-your-self Developers, Builders, Professionals and Individual home improvements customers in the Nigerian property market.