job description - Project Environment Engineer - M/F
- Work with the Ubeta Project to assist in achieving all relevant environmental objectives in line with the Project HSEQ Policy and Total Energies environmental goals.
- Monitor progress of all Project environmental activities and provide recommendations to sustain or to improve the system.
- Provide technical support and assistance directly to the Project Contractors and subcontractors in planning and executing field activities in accordance with the Project and Affiliate environmental requirements.
- Help develop and implement the project-level environmental inspection program that meets the requirements of ISO 14001 and the Affiliate.
- Obtaining and maintaining plans, permits and standard operating procedures
- Champion the preparation and obtaining various environmental permit applications from regulators.
- Serve as a technical advisor on environmental policies and standards to ensure regulatory applicability.
- Develop applicable environmental procedures and solutions for the Project.
- Ensure the issuance and full implementation of Company, Contractors and Sub-Contractors approved waste management plans and environmental documents
- Provide assistance to project and construction management in identifying and complying with project environmental procedures and in addressing environmental issues as they arise during project execution.
- Provide systems technical evaluation for Project Environmental activities
- Lead the execution of Project Reforestation+ exercise and other Company CFR and Biodiversity initiatives in the Project.
- Prepare and carry out environmental awareness training programs for the Project personnel.
- Conduct environmental compliance inspections of project construction activities to monitor compliance with environmental requirements including contractual commitments, ESIA, CESMP and all environmental permits
- Carry out audits of environmental compliance implementation (compliance with contract, CESMP, ESIA & EMS).
- To all Total Energies Affiliate and Project rules and regulations with particular interest to the Company HSE management system.
- Familiarize self with TEPNG emergency procedures, carry out assigned responsibilities safely and report any incident, unsafe act, or operation
- Ensure all personnel under his/her supervision are well trained and aware of their HSE responsibilities with continuous monitoring.
- To fully comply with office security, health, and safety instructions.
- To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings.
- To report to Management on any issue they may face or observe and propose ways of improvement.
- To take care of colleagues’ safety and behavior without hesitating to intervene as much as necessary.
- To give his/her own input and making sure the workplace is safe (clean and tidy)
- To participate actively in anomaly reporting
- To fully comply with Security rules about Travelling in Nigeria
- Bachelor's Degree at minimum; Mechanical / Chemical / Civil Engineering; Environmental, Geological or Biological Sciences, Occupational Health
- Master's Degree in Environmental related study will be an advantage
- Professional Experience (number of years): 15
- Experience within project : (number of years): 10
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- Advanced knowledge in a field of science, environmental engineering, or related discipline.
- Knowledge of environmental sciences/engineering systems, principles, and methodologies.
- Knowledge of national and international environmental laws/regulations and regulatory/resource agencies’ permitting processes and responsibilities, industry standards for environmental compliance (ISO 14001), and best management practices for minimizing potential environmental impacts during project execution
- Knowledge of engineering and construction systems, methods, and work processes.
- Knowledge of construction planning, estimating, procedures, and execution.
- Experience in managing and/or providing technical oversight of environmental subcontractors or consultants.
- Experience in environmental monitoring and compliance inspection during construction.
- Experience of implementing 3rd Party verified ISO 14001 EMS on a major oil and gas project including pipeline construction.
- Knowledge of hazardous materials and waste management.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Prior practical work experience in office settings (e.g., managing environmental programs, budgets and staff) and field environments (e.g., construction execution) performing the responsibilities listed above.
- English (D-Full professional proficiency).
What Can We Offer You?
- We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals and immersed in international culture.
About the company