job description - People First Community Coordinator
- We seek People First Coordinator to support the People First Secretariat in advancing the People First Community’s growth and progress over the next years.
- The People First Community Coordinator is an operational and project management role.
- It will work in close coordination with a wide range of organizations that are members of this effort as well as with staff across the Teach For All global organization, all of them supporting different strands of work and working groups.
About the Community
- The People First Community is a cross-sectoral and globally diverse group of practitioners, academics, and public and private sector actors with a shared belief in the importance of prioritizing investing in collective leadership development as a path for sustainable development.
- The People First Community is spearheaded by a People First Community Steering Committee and its Secretariat is hosted within the Teach For All global organization. This role will report to the People First Community Secretary.
- This Community emerged in 2019 from a convening at The Rockefeller Foundation’s Bellagio Center and it intends to be a space for learning, thought partnership, and collaboration among its members, while aiming to raise awareness about the importance of growing investment in collective leadership development and influence the international development ecosystem.
- For the next years the People First Community will focus on advancing the following priorities:
- Clarify the purpose, values and vision of the Community
- Explore and identify pathways for increasing investments in collective leadership
- Build greater advocacy and awareness of People First approaches through stronger storytelling and seeking avenues to elevate our messages
- Advance research that focuses on “how” to develop collective leadership for sustainable development
- Continue deep learning on leadership development practice through People First Talks.
- Are you interested in being part of a growing movement to evolve the development paradigm towards one that prioritizes investing in the agency and leadership of local people?
- Are you energized by supporting a diverse community of 500+ members working towards a shared purpose to advance practice, research, and investment in developing collective leadership for sustainable development?
As a Coordinator of this effort, you will engage in the following and/or Similar Activities
Drafting and communications (50%):
- Managing, drafting, and updating of People First communications across the board, e.g., to all members of the Community, to the Steering Committee, to working groups, etc.
- Drafting and disseminating People First Monthly newsletters and other outreaches to continue growing community membership.
- Conceptualize and draft external and internal communications and other requests, such as letters and email correspondence, talking points for external panels, etc.
- Execute action plans that support the implementation and operationalization of the People First advocacy priorities.
- Management and maintenance of People First platforms, website, and social media profiles.
- Provide support to update and revisit core documents.
Project Management, planning execution, budgeting, and logistics (50%):
- Lead and prepare meetings’ agendas, actions and follow ups and other operational support for People First Steering Committee and Working Groups.
- Operational support for current and future activities building on the above priority areas.
- Community tracking systems and support the definition and implementation of internal working procedures.
- Provision of broad administrative support for People First Secretariat, including scheduling calls, drafting meeting briefs, etc.
- Project planning and provision of direction for People First panels, events and conversations led by the People First Secretariat or other Community members at key events, both in-person and virtual. Provision of technical support for virtual events.
- Budget monitoring and expenditure justifications.
As the Ideal Candidate, you will Bring
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience of delivering complex projects with strict deadlines.
- Orientation to detail and great project management skills
- Proven expertise in working in agile team settings with ability to multitask and work independently effectively in a fast-paced results-oriented culture.
- Ability to exercise judgment in juggling competing priorities and managing concurrent timelines.
- Strong reasoning and strategic problem-solving abilities.
- Able to build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders and external partners from a range of cultures, including people in leadership positions.
- English fluency required. Fluency in other languages is a plus.
- Sensitivity to diversity in backgrounds and beliefs (e.g., racial, cultural, socioeconomic, political) and interest in and exposure to practices which promote inclusive learning environments
- Deeply committed to the mission, vision and values of Teach For All.
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on country of hire, prior work experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package.
What Teach For All Offers:
- Commitment to cultivating a culture in which all staff members feel they belong, are valued for their contributions, and have an impact on our organization’s progress
- Professional and personal development experiences and ample opportunities to make a positive impact on the work of Teach For All and beyond
- Comprehensive benefits package designed for your well-being and work-life needs
- All roles are 100% remote; in some locations we offer the option for in-office collaborations
- Generous time off and flexible work arrangements
- And much more!
Our Learning & Insights. Teach For All is a learning network, developing knowledge and insights from classrooms and communities around the world.