job description - Nutrition Specialist
- The Nutrition Specialist will provide technical expertise and guidance on nutrition interventions, including assessments, program design, and implementation.
- The successful candidate will ensure the delivery of high-quality nutrition programs in line with established standards and protocols.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance on nutrition interventions, assessments, and program design. Conduct training and capacity-building activities for project staff and community health workers on nutrition-related topics.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of nutrition programs, ensuring compliance with national and international standards.
- Develop and adapt nutrition-specific strategies and protocols based on evidence-based practices and guidelines.
- Raise community awareness and consumption of diversified, nutrient dense, fortified and nutritionally adequate foods.
- Improve nutritional status and intervention outcome through increasing production of diverse and safe foods, increased household food availability and gender sensitive interventions.
- Coordinate capacity building and technical support for beneficiaries on nutrition-Specific and sensitive agriculture issues including dietary diversification and nutrient dense diets, food preparation and utilization; best practices; and energy and time saving technologies for women.
- Work with the M&E officer to monitor beneficiary adoption of the new nutrition targeted agricultural practices and food consumption methodologies.
- Promote food safety including appropriate methods of handling, preservation, processing, storage, and utilization of foods.
- Establish linkages and facilitate collaboration across relevant sectors, agencies and public and private sector stakeholders working with the targeted communities.
- Promote water and sanitation activities in the targeted communities.
- Strengthen and promote community engagement processes in the project areas, particularly identifying project beneficiaries, assessing their needs, and addressing and resolving community issues.
- Perform and document regular monitoring of all project activities in close coordination with the project team.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Required Qualifications / Competencies
- Master's Degree in Nutrition, Public Health, or a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in nutrition program management, implementation, and technical support.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing and implementing evidence-based nutrition interventions.
- Strong technical knowledge of nutrition and public health principles and practices.
- Excellent training and capacity-building skills.
- Analytical and critical thinking abilities with a focus on program quality and impact.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills In English Language, as well as the ability to report to and advise the State Coordinator on emerging issues.
- Able to work on own initiative with a creative approach to problem-solving.
About the company