job description - Manager - Roaming Operations, MTN GlobalConnect
The Roaming Business Operations Manager shall ensure the leadership and performance for the Roaming Hub in all of the following areas operationally:
- Bayobab positioning as the best Roaming hub provider in Africa and the Middle East.
- Management: provide operational advice, oversight, and coordination with the SM, colleagues, and Bayobab stakeholders internally
- OpCo: Establish and maintain direct relationships to MTN OpCo technical and network teams.
- Reporting: Creation and presentation of regular reporting about technical operations performance, as well as MTN OpCo and Roaming Partner (“RP”) engagement
- Roaming Partners: Ensure the end-to-end engagement with RPs in terms of coordination, management, and onboarding in Business Operations
- Roaming Testing: IREG, TADIG, & GRQ testing performance, vendor management, and SIM Card Administration
- Roaming VAS: Maintain oversight and reporting over the performance of Traffic Steering, Messaging, BRG, GLR, & VHE Solutions
- Insourcing: engagement with internal process vendors, e.g. Managed Services and Finance
- Outsourcing: Engagement with external process vendors, e.g. signalling, testing, and RVAS
- Processes: Ensure the end-to-end documentation and understanding of operational processes
The Roaming Business Operations Manager will be accountable to achieve the following core KPA’s:
- Representation: Technical and contractual representation of the Roaming Hub internally and externally
- Engagement: With OpCo’s, RPs, internal cross-functional stakeholders, and external vendors
- Reporting: Regular weekly, monthly, and ad-doc reporting on all assigned areas
- Testing: Ensure the planning and reporting of all IR Service Opening & Testing (SOT), as well as any issues with the external vendor
- RVAS: Ensure the planning, performance, and reporting of all IR RVAS, as well as any issues with the external vendors and OpCo’s
- Vendors: Ensure management and accountability of outsourced processes and engagement with vendors
The Roaming Business Operations Manager’s responsibilities in this position are to:
- Advise the SM of Roaming Business on all technical and contractual aspects of the Roaming Hub.
- Lead, coach, mentor, and develop direct reports.
- Provide development, coaching, and performance feedback, as well as appraisal to assigned subordinates.
- Produce, review, and provide regular and on-going Business Operations reporting.
- Partner with Wholesale, Market Manager, Managed Services, Bayobab stakeholders, and external vendors to ensure optimum smooth and seamless technical and contractual operations of the Roaming Hub.
- Analyse service performance parameters of Business Operations and RPs and use Roaming Hub intel to improve operational performance.
The Roaming Business Operations Manager shall deliver the following output in this position:
- Ensure that Roaming Business Operations Reports are created and reported up and down the chain
- Ensure proper action plans are in place to correct and exceed operational performance.
- Conduct regularly scheduled appraisals of all direct reports in terms of IPF (EVP).
- Involve the SM of Roaming and Bayobab Wholesale Mobility Commercial, as, when, and how prescribed.
- Meetings: Conduct regular Roaming Business Operations to report on performance and set action plans for Testing, and RVAS.
- Vendor Management:
- Signalling: Engage with Managed Services and the MTN Bayobab Signalling Hub and to ensure the performance of Roaming Signalling Hub and to provide timely feedback
- RVAS: Engage with Managed Services to manage, plan, and report on RVAS delivery from Mobileum
- Testing: Engage with Managed Services to manage, plan, and report on RVAS delivery from Vendor
- OpCo’s: update Bayobab Roaming Account Management on OpCo engagement monthly.
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Engineering, and/or Telecommunications
- Formal leadership certification training (preferred)
- English: verbal and written proficiency
- French and any other language: an advantage
- 5 + years’ experience in the leadership and development of teams
- Leadership experience gained in International Roaming operations, preferably also in a Roaming Hub
- Experience in commercial contract negotiations, preferably IR Hub Agreements
- Experienced in creating and conducting presentations in English.
- Experienced in presenting to senior management and executives.
- Experience in engagement with and management of external vendors
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, investigative, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent influencing skills, in particular with decision-makers.
- End-to-end understanding of mobile roaming operations - both technical and commercial.
- Broad knowledge of roaming billing, network engineering, and roaming operations.
Our vision is to lead the delivery of a bold, new digital world to our customers and our mission is to make our customers’ lives a whole lot BRIGHTER.