job description - Management Accountant
- As a Management Accountant you will be responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of group management accounts across all entities and complete consolidation of group accounts.
- This position is a great opportunity for an experienced and qualified Management Accountant who is proactive, able to multitask and prioritise work to accommodate the requirements of a dynamic and growing business.
- Compile detailed schedules monthly (income and expenditure tracking, balance sheet reconciliations)
- Analyse overheads to explain variances against budgets
- Maintain monthly intercompany reconciliations including FX adjustments across all group entities in different currencies
- Contribute to the development and delivery of financial policies, guidelines, and protocols to ensure the company complies with regulations and good financial practice
- Assisting with the preparation of the year-end audit files and working with external auditors
- Assist with ad-hoc duties as required to support Finance Operations
What makes you a great candidate?
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Chartered Accountant with +3 years relevant experience
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills
- Energetic and ambitious to make a difference to a business going through an exciting period of change and growth
- Self-starter with an ability to handle multiple tasks and complete work project assignments within specified deadlines
- Reliable team-player; flexible and willing to support in other areas when require
What will it be like to work at Carry1st?
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global - with people in 25+ countries! At Carry1st, you will:
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company - enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We are the leading publisher of social games and interactive content in Africa