job description - Management Accountant
- The Senior Management Accountant will provide and effectively contribute to the strategic and tactical execution to drive revenue, and profitability.
- He/She will support management planning and decision making by providing analysis and reporting on key financial information derived from business operations, income, and expenses. The role will also provide support by monitoring forecasts, budgets, and risk analysis.
- Keep all accounting records in correct order, up to date, and ensure that financial records are maintained in compliance with all procedures of the company
- Execute remittances for PAYE tax, VAT, and other tax responsibilities.
- Ensure the smooth operation of bookkeeping and record transactions into the accounting software, for preparing bank and petty cash reconciliation.
- Advise management on any discrepancies observed in record keeping and asset control.
- Conduct a continuous review of all reconciliations, payments and helps in maintaining the proper documentation for further compliance reviews.
- Maintain payment relationship with the suppliers.
- Prepare reports on the company’s assets, financial performance, liquidity and main risks.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure timely preparation and review of financial accounts
- Determine financing needs for debt and/or equity financing.
- Coordinates external and other regulatory compliance reviews.
- Provide continuous review to all department Associates and help them build capacity and development in line with the organization’s goals, objectives, and policies.
Account Payable and Receivable:
- Manage accounts receivable and cash application functions to ensure timely and accurate recording, collection, reconciliation and reporting of accounts receivable.
- Work closely with Sales, Operations, and inventory control team to ensure discrepancies and payment delinquencies are resolved on a timely basis.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts related to accounts receivable.
- Updating of Cashflow forecast in ERP and providing weekly updates to management
- Partner with cross functional teams to share best practices and improve communication and procedures
- Track account transactions and resolution of issues.
- Oversee routine departmental activities of account payable
- Prepare analysis of accounts and generate monthly reports.
- Monitor vendor payments and timely receipt of outstanding credit
Tax and Audit:
- Determine tax savings and recommend strategies to improve profits.
- Ensure compliance with regulations by forwarding required information to federal, state, and local authorities.
- Offer support and guidance during audits.
- Prepare tax returns, payments, necessary paperwork, and reports.
- Assess and research difficult tax issues to identify solutions.
- Manage and maintain the company’s tax database.
- Evaluate tax regulations and suggest policies that diminish tax burden.
- Keep track of industry trends and changes related to taxes.
- Prepare accurate quarterly and annual tax reports.
- Candidates should possess an HND / Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related degrees
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in accounting, treasury operations or corporate finance
- Audit experience with the big four is an added advantage.
- Professional qualification and certification is an added advantage.
- Attractive Salary Packages
- Premium Health insurance
- Work Flexibility.
we are aone-stop-shop for buy-it-your-self Developers, Builders, Professionals and Individual home improvements customers in the Nigerian property market.