job description - Junior Accountant
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
Requirements and Skills
- BSc / B.A in Accounting, Finance or a relevant field.
- Proven experience as a junior accountant.
- Excellent organizing abilities.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good with numbers and figures and analytical acumen.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. SAP).
- Qualifications (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is a plus but not required.
About the company