job description - IT Service Delivery Officer
- To plan and coordinate timely and adequate service delivery of all IT support requests for the company and supported subsidiaries in line with approved organizational information technology policies and procedures.
- In addition to managing a potentially large staff of support agents (in multiple locations, shifts), the service desk officer also monitors operations to make sure tickets are addressed in a timely manner, as well as serving as the service-desk liaison to major business-impacting initiatives.
- Monitor & Lead operations to ensure that tickets are addressed in a timely manner, as well as serving as the service-desk liaison to major business-impacting initiatives.
- Take accountability for ensuring that business activities go without a hitch, service level agreements (SLAs) are reached, and service desk clients are satisfied with the support they receive.
- Define a set of internal procedures, policies, controls, and operations as well as directing help desk representatives in their adoption and compliance.
- Participate in activities or oversee a small team contributing to project work (major incidents, changes, and releases, DRP, ITSM tool implementation).
- Develop and update a PC setup and maintenance plan in collaboration with the Service Desk Manager.
- Proactively monitor operational performance and diagnose system issues that affect end users, then take the necessary steps to resolve them.
- Collaborate with internal departments and external service providers to ensure that escalated incidents or service requests are resolved as soon as possible.
- Ensure various types of information are communicated to users through the appropriate channel(s).
- Monitor and ensure client systems are updated with current patches, Anti-Virus definition and approved other end user compliance metrics (defined periodic reports may be required.
- B.Sc in Computer Science or related course
- IT Information Library (ITIL) Intermedia, Security & Network Certification is an added advantage.
- 3 years’ experience in related field.
The Person Must:
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Have the ability to clearly and confidently communicate IT solutions to end users.
- Pay keen attention to details and be highly organized.
About the company
We are one of the largest food and agro-allied companies in Nigeria, we make products of superior quality and value for your money.