job description - HSE Officer
- This role is responsible for ensuring proper maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment for the employees, contractors, visitors, members of the public and another person who may be affected by the company’s activities as well as delivering efficient services and minimizing unnecessary losses and liabilities for the company by ensuring a strict adherence of the usage of SOPs and work instructions.
Key Performance Indicator (KPI)
- Ensure HSE policies related to various departments are kept in accordance with their SOPs and work instructions.
- Ensure zero percent volume of complaints and dissatisfaction arising from process error and non-compliance.
- Ensure timely execution, involvement and delegation of responsibility/another job that may be assigned to you.
- Ability to lead, direct, supervise and monitor staff as well as activities of the workers directly or indirectly.
- Ensure sets up and drives the structure, policies, processes and procedures required for maximum effectiveness, efficiency and achievement of targets relating to HSE.
- Ability to exhibit excellent verbal and oral skills with an analytic approach to problem discoveries/ solving.
- Ensure compliance with the usage of PPE, fire extinguishers etc. as well as carrying out training on Health, Safety and Environmental consciousness among staff.
- B.Sc in Environmental Science and Resource Management or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of job experience with a sound knowledge of the plastic manufacturing environment.
- HSE certificate is an additional advantage
- Most have the ability to face challenges, consciousness and responsibility.
- Most have good interpersonal relationships, excellent supervision and communication skills
- Must be disciplined, creative, innovative and resourceful with a good knowledge of MS Office.
- The HSE Officer is expected to carry out maximum supervision, monitoring and assessment of a safe and healthy work environment for all employees and others as well as proffer efficient services to minimize unusual losses and liabilities in the company at large.
About the company
Reliable Plastic is committed to providing the best quality products to our customers since its inception. We also provide outstanding service thereby satisfying our consumers.