job description - Heavy Duty Mechanic (Building Construction Firm)
- Inspect construction equipment to detect faults and malfunctions and also for proper performance.
- Diagnosing faults or malfunctions using computerised tools and other testing equipment to determine the extent of repair required.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components, or systems using hand and power tools.
- Testing repaired equipment to ensure that the work meets the manufacturers’ specifications Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment.
- Service attachments and working tools such as blades, ploughs, winches, and side booms
- Consulting with other mechanics on smaller jobs.
- Reporting faulty or damaged equipment to management.
- Inspecting, servicing, and maintaining the company’s range of heavy-duty construction equipment.
- Disassemble and reassemble construction equipment.
Requirements Key Requirements
- 3+ years of work experience as a Heavy Duty Mechanic for Caterpillar, Mantrac, Sany, Liebherr, Hyundai etc. brands of equipment
- Certification or proven work experience as a heavy-duty mechanic
- Ability to lift heavy construction equipment
- Extensive knowledge of construction equipment
- Ability to work after hours if required
- Good communication skills
- Understanding computer testing technologies
- A driver’s license is required.
- Manual dexterity
About the company