job description - Drilling And Wells QAQC Supervisor
- Provide reports regularly (daily / weekly) on HSE and Operational activities to head of materials & QA/QC.
- Liaises with Drilling & Wells teams, TechLog, relevant entities and Contractors to ensure optimization of Management, Inspection, QA/QC and well equipment preparation.
- Liaise with contractors and organize delivery and collection of equipment, to ensure optimal usage and value for money and avoid rental equipment to standby, misuse or damage.
- Works with other engineers and supervisors, shares experience and best practices, initiates and reviews documents and provides constructive feedback.
- Maintain good communication with all entities at OML 58 and between logistics sites (Onne, New Pipe yard) to ensure smooth management of equipment and materials. Technical
- Has in-depth knowledge and experience in QA/QC and Inspection technologies, and techniques (MPI, DPT, UST, EC, etc.)
- Understand the application of various inspection standards & codes (API, ASTM, ASNT, etc) in defining rejection criteria after inspection
- Has good knowledge of all Drilling & Wells functions i.e., Drilling, Completions, Intervention, Well Integrity and Fluids
- Participate in the Company sharing of professional experience through REX
- Follows up Preparation, Testing and Loading of equipment & materials stored at the site for Drilling, Completion and Intervention operations.
- Prepare and implement storage, Inspection & Maintenance plans in line with Company and industry standards for Equipment and Material at Obite: Short-, medium- and long-term storage.
- Prepare and implement QA/QC (API Q2) plan and procedures in line with company and industry standards for management of Equipment and Materials at Obite before storage, during storage and prior to issuance for operations. Material Management & Logistics.
- Maintain accurate inventory of all Drilling & Wells as well as 3rd party Equipment / Materials at Site
- Closely monitor the stored OCTG for early detection of corrosion / defects: pitting, cuts, dents, thickness loss, etc.
- Co-ordinate and supervise inspection of Drilling / Wells OCTG according to defined schedule and well-specific requirements.
- Apply a cost-conscious method and mindset in assessing and confirming rejected tubulars (partially defective ones to be recommended for salvaging).
- Checks loading and off-loading of equipment and materials on behalf of superintendents, in coordination with logistic supervisor/representative and Site Lifting Specialist
- Ensures that appropriate equipment is effectively shipped as per instructions, company’s HSE policies, cargo manifest and international standards. Proper packaging of material to rig / operational sites is essential.
- Organizes equipment and materials storage for optimized efficiency and control with respect to in/out movement of equipment & materials.
- Performs entries in UNISUP in relation to Logistics Management and procedures.
- Follows up Material Management in close co-operation with stock buyers and warehouse personnel.
- Raises simple Purchase Requisitions for stock materials and Non-compliance Report to purchasing team.
- Manages and stores relevant communication with 3rd parties and contractors with respect to the Obite and associated storage sites.
- Initial formal education: Technician
- Minimum of 8 years relevant technical experience with onshore and offshore Drilling Well engineering roles.
- Prior experience (desirable): Engineering Operations / Inspection / Technical Audit roles
- Very Knowledgeable in drilling engineering/ operations, completion engineering, well interventions and well integrity.
- Good knowledge of Oil & Gas Material and equipment, QA/QC and Inspection procedures and Standards, Stock management, Materials handling and Logistics
- Knowledge of relevant Regulatory Authorities and Agencies and associated actors in the Oil and Gas space in Nigeria and Internationally.
About the company