Co-ordination / Organisation:
- Provide reports regularly (daily / weekly) on HSE and Operational activities to head of materials & QA/QC
- Liaises with Drilling & Wells teams, TechLog, relevant entities and Contractors to ensure optimization of Management, Inspection, QA/QC and well equipment preparation.
- Excellent planning and time management skills.
- Works with other engineers and supervisors, shares experience and best practices, initiates and reviews documents and provides constructive feedback.
- Mentors Junior Engineers and Supervisors, shares experience and best practices, reviews documents and provides constructive feedback.
- Maintain good communication with all entities at company logistics bases (Onne, OML58, New Pipe yard) and contractor/ 3rd Party Sites to ensure smooth management of equipment and materials.
- Maintain synergy with the mobilisation team (supervisors and support staff) to complement the QA/QC Inspection, Validation, issuance and receipt of company and contractor/3rd party equipment / Materials
- Has good knowledge of all Drilling & Wells functions and associated equipment i.e., Drilling, Completions, Intervention, Well Integrity and Fluids
- Has in-depth knowledge and experience in QA/QC and Inspection technologies, and techniques (MPI, DPT, UST, EC, etc.)
- Understand the application of various inspection standards & codes (API, ASTM, ASNT, etc) in defining rejection criteria after inspection.
- Follows up Preparation, Testing and Loadout of equipment & materials stored at the site for Drilling, Completion and Intervention operations
- Prepare and implement QA/QC (API Q2) plan and procedures in line with company and industry standards for management of Equipment and Materials at Company and 3rd party location prior to issuance for operations and during receiving inspection after operations.
- Participate in the Company sharing of professional experience through REX.
- Assist with Incident Investigation and Trouble shooting at company and 3rd Party sites for equipment designated for operations prior to issuance and after operations.
- Ensure the respect of safety rules and frames of references
- Adapt and Implement Company QAQC rules and standards on company assets , Contractors, and 3rd parties.
- Track QA/QC and Inspection KPIs for Drilling & Wells Teams, Contractors, 3rd parties and other assets
- Maintain good interface with other entities (TechLog, ECP etc) for the optimisation of Inspection and Mobilisation activities.
- Ability to work on his/her own initiative with minimum supervision, working to meet deadlines, high degere of organisational ability and an effective communicator with contacts at all levels.
- The goal is to ensure the best assistance to the Drilling and Well activities by ensuring the delivery of equipment in time, in compliance with specified safety and techncial standards, by supervising and validating stock, material/ equipment issued and transported to operational locations.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to Company and statutory HSE policies, standards and codes of conduct and drives / ensures compliance of same within the team and contractors
- Actively participates and ensures team participation in Company safety awareness/initiative schemes and audits to ensure the contractors are compliant.
- Ensure all personnel under his/her supervision are well trained and aware of their HSE responsibilities with continuous monitoring.
- Initial formal education: Technician
- Minimum of 10 years relevant technical experience with Onshore and offshore Drilling / Well engineering roles
- Prior experience (desirable): Roles such as such as QA/QC inspector / Workshop Manager / Materials Management and Logistics / technical inspection and Audit roles
- Very Knowledgeable in Drilling & Completion Engineering / Operations, Well interventions and Well integrity.
- Good knowledge of Oil & Gas Material and equipment, QA/QC and Inspection procedures and Standards, Stock management, Materials handling and Logistics
- Membership of relevant Inspection and Technical audit bodies is desirable.
- Good knowledge of Relevant Regulatory Authorities and Agencies in the Oil and Gas space in Nigeria and Internationally.