job description - Aviation Advisor, Support Services
The main role of the aviation advisor assistant is to render support to the advisor in all activities related to aviation advisory roles. In addition, the following activities are to be carried out from time to time.
- Maintain a record of all the helidecks, heliports, and helipad certificates and trigger the renewal process not later than three months before expiration.
- Follow up with helideck inspections and ensure all the outstanding points are closed.
- Maintain a record of certification and training of all the Helideck Landing Officers (HLO) and Helicopter Deck Assistance (HDA) and advice when recertification or retraining is required.
- Prepare weekly aviation reports to be sent to LSO AER every Monday morning.
- Follow up with NCAA on any outstanding issues and ensure timely close out.
- Maintain helideck operations manual and ensure revision and updates are carried out whenever necessary.
- Participate in the audit of air contractors, airlines, and air transport facilities.
- Carry out other tasks or activities as may be assigned by the aviation advisor.
- Previous experience in a closely related position and/or aviation and logistics experience.
- Expert knowledge of aviation operations.
- Knowledge of International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and local civil aviation agency (CAA) regulations specific technical skills.
- Behavioural Skills: adaptability, analytical capability, collaboration, effective communication, innovation.
- Safety, Security, Health, and Environment (SSHE) management - operations and maintenance, process planning and mechanical coordination, maintenance management, mechanical maintenance, logistics