job description - Administrative Assistant
- Manage clerical, administrative and secretarial responsibilities and tasks for the school’s office.
- Welcoming parents, children and visitors.
- Support Administrator in handling admission enquiries and processes.
- Daily check on absentees and sending follow up calls and messages.
- Manage all social media platforms under the supervision of the Administrator/Head Teacher.
- Take pictures and videos of daily activities and school events for school WhatsApp groups and newsletter.
- Assisting with typing, printing and photocopying of documents and worksheets.
- Undertake IT based task such as designing of fliers and invitations.
- Assist Administrator in maintaining staff and children’s files both manually and electronically.
- Take minutes of staff meetings and disseminate as appropriate.
- Schedule appointments and meetings for the Head Teacher.
- Carrying out cash withdrawals and payment of cheques for Petty cash plus PAYE, WHT and Pension respectively.
- Mange and keep records of petty cash expenses.
- Purchase school and office supplies while comparing prices to attain best value.
- Monitor and maintain school and office supplies inventory alongside Administrator
- Maintain a safe and secure school environment.
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data.
- Oversee vendors and artisans work.
- Co-ordinate School Library
- Maintain constructive and professional relationships as well as communication with colleagues and parents.
- Any other duties as may apply.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree, HND / OND qualification
- 2 - 4 years work experience.
- Leadership skills – Ability to manage the office in the absence of the Administrator
- Sound judgment and problem solving
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Understand how to use Social Media tools.
- Strong ICT skills.
- Planning and organizational skills
- Work and time management skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong sense of initiative
- Team work and collaboration
Ikoyi Nursery School (INS) have been helping children develop a life-long love for learning over the past seventy-four years. We pride ourselves in providing children between the ages of 2 – 5 years old, a nurturing environment where their emotional, soci